Should The Public Take Back Control Of Buses In Our Region?

15 hours ago, Andy C said:

And who made the decision to remove the restriction at the expense of public transport? Yup, the council. Politicians. 

To go back to how this all relates to the theme of this thread..

If the public sector was to run the buses, how would the service improve given all the current problems are road/traffic/infrastructure issues that the public sector are responsible for?

Yes, like I said earlier, the politicians  ( in this case the Lib-Dems) take politically expedient decisions. The officers know very well what the best course of action is, but can only recommend. Councillors decide.

As I said earlier too, they have to consider all forms of transport. Not everyone can use or wants to use buses.

The public sector is responsible for the highway infrastructure, but they can’t effectively resolve the issues. They can’t build sufficient capacity to meet all travel needs / wants and the alternatives are not terribly popular. 

14 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Yes, like I said earlier, the politicians  ( in this case the Lib-Dems) take politically expedient decisions. The officers know very well what the best course of action is, but can only recommend. Councillors decide.

As I said earlier too, they have to consider all forms of transport. Not everyone can use or wants to use buses.

The public sector is responsible for the highway infrastructure, but they can’t effectively resolve the issues. They can’t build sufficient capacity to meet all travel needs / wants and the alternatives are not terribly popular. 

Exactly.

Doesn't matter whether the buses are run by a private company or the public sector. The same problems will be there.