Brands Of 'cheap' External Hard Drives?

I was wanting to back up my reliable 2tb External Hard drive (not to use, purely as saved back ups) and was wondering if the more cost effective brands were reliable?

On Amazon for about £30 are brands like Hilabee, Gazechimp, Perfk and Shiwaki? Are these likely to deteriorate due to their cost, or are they surprisingly good?

They are likely to be 100% fake, Fake size, fake internals etc...

Stick with known brands, you should be good....

I have  picture of what was supposed to be a 1TB External drive, but inside it's just a 16GB USB Thumb Drive, soldered internally to the connectors, with a chunk of metal for weight.... that's literally all it was!

I have had several "proper" external drives over the years - all mainstream brands, maybe I was unlucky  but all failed despite careful handling and storage

Now I use an external HDD case (Adata XPG in my case) and put a Western Digital backup drive in it

I've never had a single external drive fail....Seagate usually or Western Digital. In fact I've never actually had a single HDD failure in the past 20 years. My dad has had one in this time.

I've found buying an internal drive, a separate caddy & just putting the two together.