Use And Abuse Of Soup Kitchens

listen i have no problem with people in need, my dislike is the people out for to abuse peoples kindness and the poor

Humans will use and abuse ANYTHING to make their lives better, get richer...its called greed

19 hours ago, prolific said:

itv extrapolating overweight children, yep  got about 2 minutes in before i turned it of  

What about people who use social media and Sheffield Forum to mock, and exploit the most vulnerable people in society?

Yes there may be people who abuse the system. But the system as a whole is threadbare. Homelessness and rough sleeping has grown hugely in the last 10 years, hence the need for soup kitchens.

Hey dont question why there are 10s of thousands of homeless in a rich society like ours - just drag the most vulnerable through the dirt. 

I might also add that it has just been reported today by the Trussell Trust that in the last 6 months more people than ever 823,000 have gone to one of their centres fir emergency food parcels:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/nov/13/more-people-than-ever-turning-to-food-banks-charity-says

Edited by Mister M

13 hours ago, prolific said:

think there should be earlier in morning and more vetting in to people and the money they get.

not just people rolling out of pub or people passing with no shame.

i have no problem with people or families who have fallen on a hard time.

just the scum who wish to take the bread from their mouths!

Soup kitchens traditionally operate at night because that's when the temperature falls, so people need something warm to help prevent hypothermia.

I have absolutely no evidence that soup kitchens are being routinely abused, nor do you.

We do know that there are 100s of thousands who are homeless, some sofa surf, some, are on the streets (where they face an early grave) , some in hostels (though many of those have closed down) , some in appalling living conditions; and those that are in appalling living conditions landlords are paid a fortuneby the taxpayer to house them in slums. How about we get angry about that?

Edited by Mister M