Advice About Moving To Worksop

Hi, 

We are looking to buy a house in Worksop or surrounding areas.

Could anyone advise on what areas are good and which ones we should try to avoid, please? We have had a look at the crime statistics and maps but it's difficult to determine it that way.

Thank you. 

Edited by nikki-red

Hi, if you ever find this after it’s transportation into the Sheffield Forum

undergrowth, good luck with your house hunting.

There are some very nice bits of Worksop and some not so nice bits. I’d be tempted to look at the villages close by, rather than the town itself. The following are all nice places: Blyth, Oldcotes, Shireoaks, Woodsetts, Anston,.

If you really want to be in town, have a look at the new(ish) estates at Gateford. If you are a millionaire, try Sparken Hill😀

11 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Hi, if you ever find this after it’s transportation into the Sheffield Forum

undergrowth, good luck with your house hunting.

There are some very nice bits of Worksop and some not so nice bits. I’d be tempted to look at the villages close by, rather than the town itself. The following are all nice places: Blyth, Oldcotes, Shireoaks, Woodsetts, Anston,.

If you really want to be in town, have a look at the new(ish) estates at Gateford. If you are a millionaire, try Sparken Hill😀

Thank you very much. This was very helpful 😊

12 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Good and bad all over these days I sometimes go fishing at Shireoaks that seems a nice area not far off worksop and conveniently placed near motorways 😁

Thank you! We'll have a look at that area 😊

Hi Everyone,

New to this forum here. I am interested in buying a house in Worksop and may I ask is Worksop a good place to live in (interms of neighbourhood, crimes, etc)? Or, which areas in Workop are nicer than the others?   I am currently looking at properties in Gateford, Sparken Hill, Shireoaks and Mansfield Rd, but more suggestions would be greate!

Thank you !