Tv Series That Should Be Repeated

9 hours ago, smithy266 said:

Fawlty Towers is on one of the freeview channels...

It Is on the Yesterday channel.

I watched quite a few Dave Allen programmes on YouTube. If you want to have a good laugh watch some of the sketches,  especially the teaching your kid to tell the time, it is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVPUIRGthI&t=71s

Edited by iansheff

Hill Street Blues is available online via all4:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hill-street-blues

This was not good for me, as I watched the whole lot over a short period, to the detriment of other things I should have been doing. For some unknown reason the first 4 series are all listed under series 1, but it is all there.

It would certainly be good to have it back on TV, though. 

19 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It ain't half hot Mum,  Steptoe,   Fawlty Towers.  Rising Damp.  Benny Hill.  But it's likely none of them would pass the PC test in these enlightened times. Shame really, they were very funny, back in the day.

Angel1.

Enlightened times? more like getting on the bandwagon, you can't say this, you can't say that, ooh no it will upset someone. PC gone completely mad.

10 minutes ago, Library said:

Hill Street Blues is available online via all4:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/hill-street-blues

This was not good for me, as I watched the whole lot over a short period, to the detriment of other things I should have been doing. For some unknown reason the first 4 series are all listed under series 1, but it is all there.

It would certainly be good to have it back on TV, though. 

Thanks for the link. Mick Belker was a great character and Lieutenant Howard Hunter was a right plonker, the sort of bloke who would be going on about “PC gone mad” these days.

18 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I Claudius

Widows

Please Sir

Mind your Language

Widows is about 6 episodes in on Talking Pictures channel (Channel 81 on Freeview).  We'd nights, 9pm.

Episodes of Mind Your Language are on YouTube.  

Edited by Baron99

6 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

Abigail's party

Nuts in May

Blue remembered hills

I've never seen Blue Remembered Hills, however if it's as good as Dennis Potter's other plays then it's something I need to seek out. 

Abigail's Party was fantastic, but I think the writer should update it, because whilst it was a wonderful swipe at the aspirant class of the late 1970s, things have changed somewhat. Mot least the fashions, and penchant for pilchard curry :gag:

52 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've never seen Blue Remembered Hills, however if it's as good as Dennis Potter's other plays then it's something I need to seek out. 

Abigail's Party was fantastic, but I think the writer should update it, because whilst it was a wonderful swipe at the aspirant class of the late 1970s, things have changed somewhat. Mot least the fashions, and penchant for pilchard curry :gag:

Was Blue Remembered Hills the one where adult actors all play children?

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

On The Buses.

It’s on ITV3 nearly every day.

15 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s on ITV3 nearly every day.

Is it really ? Thanks !

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Was Blue Remembered Hills the one where adult actors all play children?

Yes.  Collin Welland, Michael Elphick, Janine Duvitski, Helen Mitten. The was a very sad ending.