Tv Series That Should Be Repeated

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Widows is about 6 episodes in on Talking Pictures channel (Channel 81 on Freeview).  We'd nights, 9pm.

Episodes of Mind Your Language are on YouTube.  

I copied every episode of I Claudius all in their own box. on VHS but can't find them anywhere. I saw that show before I came to Canada when it first aired on BBC2 around 1975/6. I copied them in the early 90s when they showed them over here

One of my favourite series  around the same timeframe was When The Boat Comes In, which I saw all 4 seasons before I left the country in 1981.. No chance of it showing over here with all those  north east accents, lol. The Peaky Blinders series reminds me a lot of that show, especially the lead character, James Bolam as Jack Ford is very much the Tommy Shelby of Peaky.The first 3 seasons are on You Tube, but nobody has uploaded the final season 4, yet.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Forgot how good When The Boat Comes In was. 

Family at War was very good.

World on Fire reminds me of it.

I loved Family At War in the 70s.

The whole series was repeated last year on Freeview Talking Pictures TV.     I watched it all again and it was still very good even after all these years.

On 02/11/2019 at 00:32, pattricia said:

Porridge

That’s been on yesterday (tv channel) quite a bit.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

That’s been on yesterday (tv channel) quite a bit.

A few people on here don’t seem to be able to get the GOLD channel. Porridge is on most afternoons.

21 hours ago, pattricia said:

On The Buses.

Love that show so hopelessly dated but representative of that era.

9 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

Family at War was very good.

World on Fire reminds me of it.

World At War ( documentary) was excellent with Lawrence Olivier narrating. They have a similar one on Netflix now called World War 2 in Colour, also very good.

Minder, The Sweeney, anyone remember Softly Softly, pretty sharp for it's time?

Inheritance (1969)

Danger UXB

East of Ipswich

French without tears

I'd love to see the Alec Guinness versions of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's People repeated. Wonderful series.

They should also repeat State Of Play,

Also (and I realise this isn't a repeat so much as a 'bring it back') BBC2 should really recommission Moviedrome, a regular weekly slot on TV for lesser known cult movies with a 5-10 minute mini documentaries about the film, its production, its themes etc before the movie starts.