Blades V Burnley

Our neighbours are still finding straws to clutch on to. 

As far as Huddersfield are concerned I think Wednesday should be looking over their shoulders - the Cowleys are beginning to improve things there.

Similarly Hull City are doing well.

16 minutes ago, echo beach said:

A very similar start by United to that of Huddersfield's Premier League season in 2017 but United have 1 point more at this stage and a far superior goal difference. The Terriers managed to avoid relegation then so fingers crossed the Blades will do the same.

I feel that they'll do better than that but as we all know anything can happen.

Echo.

Oh right, I thought they'd got more at this stage but didn't check. I know first seasons are difficult in any league but I'd say if you can stay up second season is the more difficult as you'd not be an unknown quantity

34 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Our neighbours are still finding straws to clutch on to. 

As far as Huddersfield are concerned I think Wednesday should be looking over their shoulders - the Cowleys are beginning to improve things there.

Similarly Hull City are doing well.

Who is? If it was aimed at me then I said you'd had an excellent start but you'll surely hit a poor patch, that's when you'll see what the team has about them.

If you want to bring us into it I don't think we're ready yet so there's more than Huddersfield and Hull to beat to the top 6

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Excellent start but it's only a start. 11 played so plenty of points to go. Just remember Huddersfield had a better start in their first season but went downhill second half so need all points you can get, the dip in form will happen at some point it's just when, nice to be safe when it happens though

To be clear after 11 games Hudders. had 1 point less and a goal difference of -5, whereas the Blades currently have a +4 goal différence , ergo  +9 

Historical precedent suggests the Blades will/should be ok this season.

As you say, it's still a long way to go.

We've been fortunate with few injuries last two seasons, but i'm sure suspensions will be coming up at some point.

Take your point also that it's good to bank points up while everything is going well. I thought Soton and Villa were going to be party poopers yesterday, happily......

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Oh right, I thought they'd got more at this stage but didn't check. I know first seasons are difficult in any league but I'd say if you can stay up second season is the more difficult as you'd not be an unknown quantity

Who is? If it was aimed at me then I said you'd had an excellent start but you'll surely hit a poor patch, that's when you'll see what the team has about them.

If you want to bring us into it I don't think we're ready yet so there's more than Huddersfield and Hull to beat to the top 6

To be fair a run of three home defeats in succession suggests a poor patch already

I'll worry about next season as and when

Good, comprehensive result yesterday but a bit concerned about the the low number of goals from the strikers. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Good, comprehensive result yesterday but a bit concerned about the the low number of goals from the strikers. 

On thé flip side we've got thé 5th best goal difference in the division 

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Yes you spent 20 million on mcburnie to get you goals but aslong as someone's scoring it doesn't really matter

The Blades were good yesterday ; very good.Some of the slick passing moves are a joy to watch.

But the thing i enjoyed about the game most was the complete lack of diving and theatrics .Both teams are a credit to their managers for playing that way and so far are the only 2 teams I've seen in the Prem that play the  game as it should be.

The pride of Sheffield, tearing up the rule books and bringing Chris Wilder's brand of football into the national spotlight, yet again. 

8 hours ago, Grappler said:

The pride of Sheffield, tearing up the rule books and bringing Chris Wilder's brand of football into the national spotlight, yet again. 

Amen

12 hours ago, atticus said:

The Blades were good yesterday ; very good.Some of the slick passing moves are a joy to watch.

But the thing i enjoyed about the game most was the complete lack of diving and theatrics .Both teams are a credit to their managers for playing that way and so far are the only 2 teams I've seen in the Prem that play the  game as it should be.

A rarity then. Good to hear but diving happens at any team, be it in premiership or league 2. Not something that will ever be stamped out the cheating in the game until it's punished properly

It pains me to say (not too much mind, I’m too old for that) but United have landed a real gem with Wilder, if he carries on in the current vein he’ll be cited as one of the great English managers, to turn what I still maintain is a team of (on paper) fairly average players from L1 also rans to competing at the top table is almost Clough like (although still a way off the great man), the main issue United may have going forward is holding on to him as the elite will be watching the situation closely.

I need a lie down now.

Thought this might be one of those games where after beating big spending Arsenal you lost to dogged Burnley, so in a way it's more impressive than the Arsenal win