Blades V Burnley

Huge opportunity to get some more points on the board, in front of an electric home crowd.

I'm not shocked in the slightest to see that we have played half of the teams in this league, and we are yet to be outclassed or look significantly out of our depth. We've beat the likes of Arsenal and everton for a reason, and we've fought for a draw at Chelsea and run Liverpool close for a reason also....

At the beginning of the season, we have to be honest and say that we looked at the likes of Burnley at home as an opportunity. No disrespect to the opposition, they have cemented themselves in the top flight and merit every respect. But; they don't have they luxury budget that others have and on paper we have to fancy our chances against them.

Chris wood may be out for Burnley, but whether they play Vydra, Rodriguez or Barnes, they still have a serious threat and it is important to keep the same composure and discipline, that has brought us the best defensive record in the league. 

The Moose has to start up top for us again, he's turning out to be a quality player and to date our biggest threat. Didsy may be the strike partner than Wilder opts for alongside our leading goalscorer, if only for his physical presence and ability to create space. I do feel that billy also has a part to play on this one as well, second half.

Despite the fantastic first quarter of the season, the target remains the same. This game provides a fantastic opportunity to increase the gap and breathing space, between us and the bottom three places. This is objective number one and we need to do so before the nitty gritty part of the season!

Come on you red and white wizards!

Another trademark blades performance and our most convincing scoreline this far....

Blades 3-1 Burney (Stevens, Fleck, Mousset)

Expecting a tougher game  than powder puff Arsenal gave  us.  Two English managers  and northern clubs going head to head.

1-1

Edited by Ridgewalk

Thought Southampton were one of the teams we were looking at beating and we gave , imo,  our worst performance this season.  There are no easy games in the premiership and Burnley won't roll over easy, we need to take our chances when they come along,  I'd start Mousset and Sharp and go for it from the off

Burnley will make us work for everything, but weve got the bit between our teeth at the minute. The emphasis has to be to on getting the first goal, in the first half for us again. If we get this, then I can expect us to kick on in front of an home crowd and do a job over them.

I have a habit of checking out pre match reaction on rival team forums these days and the Burnley fans arent looking forward to this one. This has to be a credit to the boys, who are doing the business on the pitch.

3 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Burnley will make us work for everything, but weve got the bit between our teeth at the minute. The emphasis has to be to on getting the first goal, in the first half for us again. If we get this, then I can expect us to kick on in front of an home crowd and do a job over them.

I have a habit of checking out pre match reaction on rival team forums these days and the Burnley fans arent looking forward to this one. This has to be a credit to the boys, who are doing the business on the pitch.

When watching football specifically United or England I always get nervous when teams attack but United defence has really proved it's worth I think receiving praise across the boards I have quite a bit of confidence in the midfield and defence for me now its the forwards that worry me, we create chances, good chances but really struggle to finish them. Moose wants to be getting more game time but come January I do think money needs to be spent in the area 

5 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Expecting a tougher game  than powder puff Arsenal gave  us.  Two English managers  and northern clubs going head to head.

1-1

Yes, expecting a tough game.   I like Dyche, he's a lot like Wilder, no nonsense attitude & gets his players working. 

Burnley are in group of teams we that we have to be taking points off.  Points off the likes of Arsenal are a bonus but if we can't beat the likes of Burnley, then we'll struggle. 

I'll go Blades to win by 2 clear goals. 

A team united must win to put some points between them and teams in relegation scrap

Can they put some space between them and the relegation battle? 

No they won't, Burnley to win 3-0

For some reason United are playing better away. Arsenal result may have changed that, but if I still did the pools this would be a score draw for me. I think Wednesday will also play to a score draw against Burnley's arch enemy Blackburn.

Edited by Ontarian1981

5 hours ago, rogets said:

A team united must win to put some points between them and teams in relegation scrap

You have just made all United fan's day with that prediction, in light of your accuracy record with  predictions

Edited by Ontarian1981

I still think Burnley will win

Even though its 3-0 to united at half time 

17 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

You have just made all United fan's day with that prediction, in light of your accuracy record with  predictions

😂 

Can't believe this first match i've missed this season through illness ! 

23 hours ago, rogets said:

Just curious, but just why do you make these stupid forecasts ? Attention perhaps ?