Poppy Sellers.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Or the old unemployed? 

Or both !

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Or both !

Absolutely.

I’m counting down the days for the first daily express story about poppies not being for sale due to immigrants or some other tripe.

and the usual denouncing of celebrities and mps for being perceived to not follow made-up rules in regard to the size of the poppy, the orientation of the poppy and how long they should wear it prior to and after Remembrance Day.

I've seen some Scouts selling poppies.  Some of the Underground stations have have poppie stalls which is a good idea.  They have card readers to this year which makes sense.

Both Sainsbury's and the Co-Op at Crookes have poppies on sale at the checkouts. 

The 12 year old boy  next door to me went with his aunt and collected £2000-00 last years at the Woodhall services and he has been again today. Good lad.

51 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

The 12 year old boy  next door to me went with his aunt and collected £2000-00 last years at the Woodhall services and he has been again today. Good lad.

That’s great news isn’t it ?

November and remembrance day is always tinged with a touch of sadness, guess that's to be expected given what we are remembering. Still, it's tough watching less and less veterans at Barkers Pool on Sunday each year. 

I think I was lucky as a young lad both through family and school I had a good understanding of what wearing a poppy signified, I think some kids today could be forgiven for not being clear given the tripe some self-serving politicians and others spout about it.

On 04/11/2019 at 07:50, Eccy Beach said:

November and remembrance day is always tinged with a touch of sadness, guess that's to be expected given what we are remembering. Still, it's tough watching less and less veterans at Barkers Pool on Sunday each year. 

I think I was lucky as a young lad both through family and school I had a good understanding of what wearing a poppy signified, I think some kids today could be forgiven for not being clear given the tripe some self-serving politicians and others spout about it.

Well said, I echo your sentiments exactly.

On 01/11/2019 at 16:06, makapaka said:

Or the old unemployed? 

Maybe get the unemployed generally on board with this yeah, but let's not start going down the road of using stuff like this as conditions for people to have their benefits paid on time - there's enough people who have had benefit sanctions apparently without adding to reasons to delay payment.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, overtheborder said:

Maybe get the unemployed generally on board with this yeah, but let's not start going down the road of using stuff like this as conditions for people to have their benefits paid on time - there's enough people who have had benefit sanctions apparently without adding to reasons to delay payment.

I don’t think anyone suggested that.

i was making the point that not only young people need to be given the responsibility.

On 04/11/2019 at 07:50, Eccy Beach said:

I also second well said. 

Poppy metal badgers, just a thought every year we buy the small metal badge and then after Remembrance Day we put it into a drawer and forget about it till you stumble across it and throw it away, would it not be an idea if the people selling poppies had a bucket by their stall to collect old, last years, badgers then they could be recycled or weighed in as scrap to get more revenue for the Royal British Legion I have emailed the British Legion and sent this as an idea but no response perhaps if we all emailed them then they may consider it for next year, ok it would mean some sort off collection system but the people collecting what’s not sold from this year could collect these as well.