Moving To South Yorkshire

Hello Everyone!

My Husband and I would like some advise please, we will be moving to South Yorkshire early 2020.  We are not familiar with the area and currently live overseas.

My Husband has accepted a new job working in Dinnington and we would like to find somewhere to live with a maximum commute time of around 20 to 30 mins.

Were not a fan of city living and would prefer something semi rural if possible.

Can anyone advise where are good decent clean safe places to live please?

Appreciate any advise!

Thank you in advance.

Michelle.

There are lots of nice areas on the outskirts of Dinnington itself,Anston north or south,Aston cum Aughton,Barlborough,Harthill the outskirts of Worksop for a few!.You look at a map of the local area and you are spoilt for choice,all within close proximity of Dinnington!.

5 hours ago, Michelle V said:

Were not a fan of city living and would prefer something semi rural if possible.

Can anyone advise where are good decent clean safe places to live please?

Appreciate any advise!

Thank you in advance.

Michelle.

Worksop has much to offer with a variety of old and new homes, especially those close to the restored Chesterfield Canal and the village of Shireoaks. With all the mining activity now eradicated, and with the beauty of Clumber Park close by, I recommend you take a look at that area but be aware that very large distribution depots are taking the place of colliery spoilheaps and the movement of hundreds of large artic lorries is the new environmental spoiler.  On the other hand Worksop sits between the A1 and the M1 so is better for getting easy access to north/south routes. The stretch of canal at Shireoaks (where there is a marina) back towards Harthill is said to be one of the most beautiful in the country. There are also frequent train services to Sheffield and Lincoln.