Vehicle Speeding On M1

26 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Majority of them are intended to be unrecognisable as police.

That reminds me of an episode of The Bill where two cops were following a car driven by two likely lads. The governor asked his oppo to radio in for a PNC check on the vehicle because he thought that the two people in the car were up to no good. “How do you know that guv?”, the oppo asked. “They have villains heads, son!” came the reply. “Get it checked”. When the oppo had come off the radio he said to his guvernor “Villains heads eh, guv? The vehicle is registered to the Metropolitan Police!” 🤣😂🤣 

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

I'd have thought police would have lights a bit more visible than LEDS at the side of the number plate - they sound as handy as a crack in a glass eye in heavy traffic.

The drivers receive advanced training and operate under pretty strict guidelines, they don't have the same rights as marked police cars. 

21 hours ago, geared said:

I'm yet to see a Seat being used by South Yorkshire tho.

BMW's are more the norm, with Vauxhall for the panda cars.  Occasional Audi and Merc as well.

I think it more depends on who does the good fleet deals.

I’ve seen round Mansfield a vw caddy van which was a police vehicle and had all blue lights fitted to it in the grille and rear lights etc 

3 hours ago, rudds1 said:

I’ve seen round Mansfield a vw caddy van which was a police vehicle and had all blue lights fitted to it in the grille and rear lights etc 

my bold

all the unmarked police car have blue lights fitted, all accept CID cars, they are just standard cars.

also some forces use skoda vrs cars.

18 hours ago, Longcol said:

I'd have thought police would have lights a bit more visible than LEDS at the side of the number plate - they sound as handy as a crack in a glass eye in heavy traffic.

Not heard that metaphor before. It's a cracker!

1 hour ago, DavidFrance said:

Not heard that metaphor before. It's a cracker!

I uderstand theres a list...

as useful as:

a chocolate fireguard

pork pie at a jewish wedding.

I  feel sure there are many more, but memory in power saving mode :)

On 31/10/2019 at 23:26, Dardandec said:

There will also be a massive increase in detected alcohol and drug driving offences, handheld device use,

The  ammendment of the law relating to mobile phones could apparently be implemented  by spring. 

All this clamping down should make driving safer in theory. I doubt insurance costs will come down for motorists though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50250730