Vehicle Speeding On M1

12 minutes ago, geared said:

I'm yet to see a Seat being used by South Yorkshire tho.

BMW's are more the norm, with Vauxhall for the panda cars.  Occasional Audi and Merc as well.

I think it more depends on who does the good fleet deals.

German high-end metal might be becoming a bit too rich for the budget-constrained SYP Force, and Seat VRSes still provide plenty enough performance and reliability for the job, I'd have thought.

Except for the odd Tesla or two (in full livery!) and the few anonymised VIP-transporting BMW 7 luxo-barges, the Luxembourg police force -not short of a bob or ten- uses mostly Seat VRS estates. Not an Audi, Merc or (smaller than 7 series) BMW in sight, which is a bit odd when you consider the locals' strong and ages-old preference for those.

Edited by L00b

You mean Skoda vRS right?

The OP saw a Seat.

Edited by geared

15 minutes ago, geared said:

You mean Skoda vRS right?

The OP saw a Seat.

Indeed, my bad.

Still:  Seat Cupra, Skoda VRS = pota-y-to, pota-h-to ;)

Edited by L00b

MI5/6 operatives use all sorts of cars and train in fast driving on motorways without blue lights

Edited by lil-minx92

17 hours ago, RJRB said:

but he then put on 2  small flashing blue led lights which were positioned either side of his number plate.

Blue lights, but no siren? If a vehicle did not move out of the way fast enough for the police etc, I would have thought they would have used an auible method too.

Edited by Janus

I still recon it's a fake, I've not yet seen a South Yorkshire unit using a Seat.

20 minutes ago, geared said:

I still recon it's a fake, I've not yet seen a South Yorkshire unit using a Seat.

That’s what they want you to think 😀

I still favour a fake if only for the fact that the blue lights came on after I was tailgated at 70mph for a good few yards

6 hours ago, geared said:

That's the point geared, they are not normal plod so do not use normal plod cars .

An acquintance (so yes, could be fake news) works as a mechanic on police cars. The unmarked ones come in all shapes and sizes. Recently I encountered a 2nd Gen V70 (<2012).

Majority of them are intended to be unrecognisable as police.

I'd have thought police would have lights a bit more visible than LEDS at the side of the number plate - they sound as handy as a crack in a glass eye in heavy traffic.

It's real mate, undercover police road presence is becoming a big thing, mainly due to the cross county drug problems and other organised crime. As others have said, police vehicles come in many different shapes and sizes and of course colours. The main reason they do this is because the resale value is higher when they come to sell on said vehicles, colour wise anyway. There will also be a massive increase in detected alcohol and drug driving offences, handheld device use, dangerous driving and other generally unacceptable driving practices very shortly. If you do any of these things, get ready, because you are going to find yourself in the local magistrates court very soon.