Taking Post Parcels Back

when i go to woodseats theres great queues collecting returned postage,seems there is a big flaw there in the system ,what do others think,plus is it the same all over sheffield?

Collecting returned postage?

Bassett surely you mean postage items that people were not in when the post person comes calling?

what can possibly be done about this?

The trick is to arrive just as the office is opening. It's easier to park as well.

Regards

well it seems mr postie cant leave with a neighbour ? surely there can be a system ,better than this,my old post lady always said know your round and you dont take anything back or rarely ,but shes retired,the other week we had parcel and letter swops in the street,it needs sorting ,it seems they cannot even get addresses right,

2 hours ago, ianparkin said:

Bassett surely you mean postage items that people were not in when the post person comes calling?

Or were in, but the postie couldn’t be arsed to wait for the door to be answered.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Or were in, but the postie couldn’t be arsed to wait for the door to be answered.

Got to say our Postie is brilliant.  If it's a parcel that can be left he will leave it with a neighbour.  He looks out for everyone's homes and rang the emergency services when he feared for someone's well being.  Rightly so as the lady in question was in her nineties and had fell and broken her hip.

1 minute ago, jane2008 said:

Got to say our Postie is brilliant. 

We don’t have a postie anymore. 

The two women we had for years were brilliant and would even give me my mail if I was on my way to the park with the dog. Now we seem to have a different postie every week.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

We don’t have a postie anymore. 

The two women we had for years were brilliant and would even give me my mail if I was on my way to the park with the dog. Now we seem to have a different postie every week.

We've had our postie for about 20 years and even when he's off we've had the same stand in postie for quite a while.

had to queue again for another parcel,our old post lady always left any parcels with neighbours ,but shes retired and its all gone to pot now at lowedges

If Im expecting something I alway stick a post it note on the door saying if theres nobody in, please leave at a neighbours.

I doubt a new/stand in would want to automatically do this, and quite understandably. After all, not everyone gets on with their neighbours.

Get there first thing and beat the queues. My local one is Pit lane at Manor top, I get there at 7am on way to work and there's rarely more than 5 folk in queue