General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

1 minute ago, max said:

No, but when the clerk responsible for checking your entry in the electoral register calls that number out another clerk enters it against the ballot paper number on a list before handing the ballot paper to a clerk for handing to the voter.

The only relationship between voter and ballot paper is that list which is kept secure, along with but separate from, the ballot paper.

So what?

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so they know which slip goes with which person, so unless they know all your details they cant be you and vote......obviously like you say DNA or microchips are the next step to make it completely infalliable though

That's not how it works Mel. No one knows what slip went with which person.

42 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

They have a list of definite voters from canvassing. They cross check that with the info from the people at the polling station. All the parties will be contacting those who said they’d vote for them, but haven’t yet.

Gives you endless opportunities for fun by telling all the parties you will vote for them, then voting really late😀

😂😂  I'll try to remember that for next time. Hope it's not too soon.

7 minutes ago, FinBak said:

I don't need to explain. 

No numbers whatsoever are written on ballot voting slips.

The British intelligence community  has been using a simple vote tracing procedure for many decades now to identify those who cast their ballot for anti-establishment fringe parties, such as communists, as a matter of routine.

Votes are traced by matching the numbered ballot paper to its numbered counterfoil. The numbered counterfoil also bears the voter's registration number from the electoral register, which is hand-written at the Polling Station when the ballot paper is issued. 

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

The British intelligence community  has been using a simple vote tracing procedure for many decades now to identify those who cast their ballot for anti-establishment fringe parties, such as communists, as a matter of routine.

Votes are traced by matching the numbered ballot paper to its numbered counterfoil. The numbered counterfoil also bears the voter's registration number from the electoral register, which is hand-written at the Polling Station when the ballot paper is issued. 

Show me some credible evidence for that please.

3 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Evidence is something our resident right wing stalinist doesn't provide - credible or otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

he cant, its all in russian

32 minutes ago, max said:

Sorry, but the spoilt vote is looked at by agents/candidates from each party who agree on whether it is valid or not. If agreed that it's invalid that's it, its short half second of fame is gone, never to be considered gain.

Interesting, I didn't know that until earlier.

This means that if say half the country spoiled their votes in a huge demonstration, it would simply be chalked off as a low turnout.

Well, after 2 or 3 members earlier replied to my posts about not voting, (and a few customers today in my taxi) I decided to use my vote, and spoil it. I thought this was better than not voting, but as it happens, I might as well have not bothered with this new information.

Still, there was a good outcome. I ordered a pizza next door, had a cig, tidied the car for tomorrow, and voted. I enjoyed the pizza! :)

--

I hope someone reading this thread will see the LIVE Sheffield Hillsbro and Brightside votes, and posts how many spoils there were.

----

well, I wasn't going to bother, but I think I might watch 10 mins of it. :hihi:

Edited by *_ash_*

And let's hope the twice voters get prosecuted. 

50 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I love this...!

Is it only every 5 years you come out with this kinda stuff?

32 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

And let's hope the twice voters get prosecuted. 

I’ve voted three times. 

What would you do with me