General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

13 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

No need for the wake up call flanker, no party would dare sell the nhs, it would be political suicide.

What does this actually mean - "The NHS is not for sale." 

If any of the Political party's could convincingly demonstrate what it means and thereafter show that someone was doing it.

It would be easy to make a decision.

However, Brexit was - Take back control, end  immigration, straight bananas, sovereignty,  freedom to eat our fish!, etc, etc

- All of this was smoke and mirrors.

AND loads of people voted for it. 

It's on sky news that the account that sent the documents was in Russia.

2 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

What does this actually mean - "The NHS is not for sale." 

If any of the Political party's could convincingly demonstrate what it means and thereafter show that someone was doing it.

It would be easy to make a decision.

However, Brexit was - Take back control, end  immigration, straight bananas, sovereignty,  freedom to eat our fish!, etc, etc

- All of this was smoke and mirrors.

AND loads of people voted for it. 

Yes it means exactly that flanker.  Brexit is not as important to most people as the nhs. If a referendum was called for keeping the nhs or selling it off ,it would have the biggest turnout and the  biggest majority to keep it ever known.

10 minutes ago, janie48 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-election-foreign-idUSKBN1YB08N

What I'd like to know is whether it's true that Russia are interfering in our General Election, and if it is, what do they expect to gain by the result they hope for? 

I don't know and I don't care.

But are the allegations true?

I think they are.  No-one is disputing the matter. Its just a smoke screen to avoid explaining what was disscussed with the USA.

35 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

I don't know and I don't care.

But are the allegations true?

I think they are.  No-one is disputing the matter. Its just a smoke screen to avoid explaining what was disscussed with the USA.

Well I do care.

I heard about them interfering in the French elections in the past with donations involved, and I don't understand why they find it so necessary.

The more I hear about their government meddling in other countries political affairs the more I realise how important it is that we  remain in the European Union.

Edited by janie48

There is no Russian interference in UK elections.

It is simply a wild conspiracy theory that seeks to lay the blame for anti-establishment voting patterns on outside influences.

When in reality the establishment has lost control of its voter manipulation due to its own incompetence and greed.

6 hours ago, janie48 said:

Well I do care.

I heard about them interfering in the French elections in the past with donations involved, and I don't understand why they find it so necessary.

The more I hear about their government meddling in other countries political affairs the more I realise how important it is that we  remain in the European Union.

The Russian interference is part of a wider strategy to spread chaos throughout the rest of the world. 

So far, they are doing pretty well. Trump is in the White House. Brexit is playing havoc with Europe.. Both of those elections were Russian influenced 

There is heavy Russian money backing Johnson’s campaign. If he gets a majority, I guess they will be delighted.

6 hours ago, Car Boot said:

There is no Russian interference in UK elections.

It is simply a wild conspiracy theory that seeks to lay the blame for anti-establishment voting patterns on outside influences.

When in reality the establishment has lost control of its voter manipulation due to its own incompetence and greed.

Why have the Tories suppressed the Russia report then? Could it be down to the fact that it raises questions about the validity of the referendum result, which is the central issue in the general election campaign and could compromise the Tories pitch to the electorate to get Brexit done.

The Papers on Sunday

4-1 to the Conservatives yet again.  3 others left the election off the front page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs/the_papers

8 hours ago, janie48 said:

Well I do care.

My previous was particular to the item under discussion.

I think the facts are important and the real or imagined connection to Russia is a deleberate distraction. There is always a tendancy to shoot the messenger/whistle blower/the person who rocks the boat by vested interests.

Edited by Flanker7

It seems that the general consensus is that influencing the outcomes of foreign elections/policy decisions/favours etc.. is a new thing.

Every country spies on eachother/manipulates elections/plays dirty. They all do it. We do it.  The faux outrage is pathetic.

3 minutes ago, crookesjoe said:

It seems that the general consensus is that influencing the outcomes of foreign elections/policy decisions/favours etc.. is a new thing.

Every country spies on eachother/manipulates elections/plays dirty. They all do it. We do it.  The faux outrage is pathetic.

Why do you think the Russians want Brexit?

11 hours ago, lottiecass said:

No need for the wake up call flanker, no party would dare sell the nhs, it would be political suicide.

By the time it's sold it'll be too late, and there will be no political suicide as by election time the electorate will be sufficiently distracted by the latest smokescreen/scapegoat, probably something to do with immigration again.

Decades ago it would have been viewed as inconcievable that things like the expenses scandal, MPs lying openly, displaying unashamed total lack of integrity, covering up banking and corporate criminality, etc, etc, etc would lead to anything but 'political suicide'.  Clearly, it didn't.

Be very wary of thinking that there is a limit to how far things can be pushed before the voting public reach 'breaking point'- by all evidence of the past few decades, there is no such limit.

Whilever neoliberalism reigns, the NHS sale is most definitly on the table, and, America would LOVE to get it's teeth into it.