General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

57 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

the slow death of British democracy is because there is no respect for the  referendum result of June 2016

3 and a half years later, we still don't know what the result *was* 

Norway ?

Canada ?

Switzerland ?

WTO without tariffs ?

WTO with tariffs ?

The perfect (impossible) vision, as presented by the leave campaign ?

There are a least 6 different versions of leave, 7 if we include the good old fashioned protest vote.

Which one do you want me to respect ?

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Ah, the slow death of British democracy is because there is no respect for the  referendum result of June 2016, therefore there is no respect for democracy itself.

You'd like to tell yourself that. And by all means keep telling yourself that, if it makes you sleep better.

But no. My post had nothing whatsoever to do with the 2016 referendum, and all to do with the ongoing subversion of your multi-centennial monarchic parliamentary system by vested interests, apparently with the full and ongoing support of the decidedly-apathetic British public.

The very British democratic system, which you have consistently demonstrated in your posts (so much the usual loudhailing ones, as the much rarer considered ones), that you don't understand, nor respect.

I tend to agree with Ewen Aitken (CEO of Cyrenians Scotland), writing in the Edinburgh Evening News last week:

"I am annoyed at the state of our political process these days – fake videos to portray opponents falsely; fake Twitter accounts claiming to be fact checkers but in reality purveyors of more lies; numbers and statistics simply made up and flung as political hand grenades, not to contribute to public debate, but to denigrate opponents in the eyes of the ­voters; claims made about opponents’ opinions, which have not one grain of truth but are seen as acceptable weapons of political engagement; bigotry rife at the heart of many of the political ­parties.

... the impact of the actions of so many of our political leaders is so great. Their decisions walk on the graves of those who gave so much so we all can, at the ballot box at least, be equal ­citizens, whatever our circumstances.

This election is not just about who wins, it’s about what we all lose if in winning the very nature of our democratic process is destroyed."

So the lying, cheating, misogynistic, sexist PM yet again makes the country he is meant to represent look like a fool.

Why and how can anyone support this buffoon?

Please, someone tell me why you would vote for him or his racist party?

11 minutes ago, Litotes said:

So the lying, cheating, misogynistic, sexist PM yet again makes the country he is meant to represent look like a fool.

Why and how can anyone support this buffoon?

Please, someone tell me why you would vote for him or his racist party?

Because it’s better than the alternative.

What's the alternative?

Isn't the PM meant to be a role model?

I pity your children (if you have any) and society if you want Boris the sexist to be their role model.

28 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Because it’s better than the alternative.

Only because you’ve been told that it is.

In the real world, a third Tory term along with the proposed Brexit will have the country on its knees within a couple of years.

13 minutes ago, Litotes said:

What's the alternative?

Isn't the PM meant to be a role model?

I pity your children (if you have any) and society if you want Boris the sexist to be their role model.

Well if you're looking for role models!?  Good luck trying to find one from any party within the HoC. 

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Only because you’ve been told that it is.

In the real world, a third Tory term along with the proposed Brexit will have the country on its knees within a couple of years.

And a Labour Party with its failure to disclose its full costings in its 'Grey Book' & continuing, daily, multi-billion, desparate vote grabbing announcements, that had already been dismissed by the Institute for Fiscal Studies by last Friday, will have us all in the Poor House in around 5 years & then once again, leaving someone else to sort out the problem. 

Someone once said that the country needs a Labour government once in every generation, just to remind us how bad things can be. 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Someone once said that the country needs a Labour government once in every generation, just to remind us how bad things can be. 

Probably Boris Johnson, that well known teller of porkies.

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well if you're looking for role models!?  Good luck trying to find one from any party within the HoC. 

Does that mean we should  support the one person who has admitted he is a cheat and a liar, who is also a misogynist and racist?

I would suggest not.

There are other less bad people in the HoC.

"Anyone but Boris" should be on the ballot paper, that would be true democracy!