General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

For exactly the same reason why the Muslim Council has chosen this particular moment to raise lots of criticism about the Tory party for alleged islamophobia.

Happens every election time.   

The biggest problem for Corbyn is he simply can't help himself. 

Taking decisive action is not his strong point.  Dithering along burying his head in the sand all the time.  Even the simple step of doing a public apology which would have clearly diffused the situation and pushed focus back on the Tories own problems was simply beyond  him 

Good god a neanderthal could have predicted how that was going to pan out in the papers the next day and surprise surprise he is now the focus for all the wrong reasons.

For someone with such a lengthy career in politics it's almost astounding they can be thick as mince.

Fit for office?    I don't think so.  

Does it?

I've witnessed a fair few general elections and don't remember anti-semitism being an issue. Certainly not the major issue that this has been blown up into. But then I've never known an election which has been so full off underhand tricks and vile abuse, with a media so desparate to sway the electorate in one direction. 

Democracy?  - don't make me laugh. 

Edited by Anna B

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

hes a good friend of Boris Johnson and congratulated him in July after he won the race to be leader / pm

I wonder if the Chief Rabbi will say anything about Johnson's support for the anti-semitic Hungarian leader Viktor Orban.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/09/boris-johnson-slated-for-congratulating-viktor-orban-after-election-win

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/feb/13/hungary-tells-uk-jewish-group-to-mind-its-own-business-over-antisemitism

Edited by Longcol

21 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Wow, you really have it in for Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems don't you Mr. Boot? What you worried about? Any leave option on any future EU related vote will nail it won't they? After all, It's what the people want isn't it?

Relax man, you're mission to make the poor poorer is nearly complete. Go treat yourself to a ginger beer, you deserve it.

Ed Davey, the Deputy Leader of Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, has stated that they would support a minority Conservative government and push for a confirmatory second EU referendum, but they would not support Labour after the election.

The Liberal Democrats are relying on getting a minority Tory government into power by forming a coalition just so they can deliver a Labour party second referendum policy, as well as the terrible austerity measures so beloved of the EU, Jo Swinson and the Tories.

Edited by Car Boot

Just now, Car Boot said:

Ed Davey, the Deputy Leader of Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, has stated that they would support a minority Conservative government and push for a confirmatory second EU referendum, but they would not support Labour after the election in forming a coalition.

The Liberal Democrats are relying on getting a minority Tory government into power by forming a coalition just so they can deliver a Labour party second referendum policy, as well as the terrible austerity measures so beloved of the EU, Jo Swinson and the Tories.

Meanwhile. You are aligning yourself with Nigel Farage and Ann Widdecombe.

What strange bedfellows you Brexiters make.

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Ed Davey, the Deputy Leader of Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, has stated that they would support a minority Conservative government and push for a confirmatory second EU referendum, but they would not support Labour after the election in forming a coalition.

This makes no sense at all - as usual.

Care to reply to post #703 - or are you just avoiding discussion as usual.

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Ed Davey, the Deputy Leader of Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, has stated that they would support a minority Conservative government and push for a confirmatory second EU referendum, but they would not support Labour after the election.

So what are you worried about? Austerity? you voted for that when you stuck your X in the leave box, you do know that right?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Does it?

I've witnessed a fair few general elections and don't remember anti-semitism being an issue. Certainly not the major issue that this has been blown up into. But then I've never known an election which has been so full off underhand tricks and vile abuse, with a media so desparate to sway the electorate in one direction. 

Democracy?  - don't make me laugh. 

I am not talking about just anti-semitism.

I'm talking about the deluge of campaigns, anti-campaigns, smears, scare stories, tittle-tattle, fairy stories from 'anonymous' sources, shadowy  fringe groups chucking their opinions in....

This is not new.  You must be naive to think it is.   It happens at every election there is always going to be people singing praises of one candidate and people throwing mud at another candidate.

The media are not trying to sway the electorate in any direction.  They are doing what the media does.  Stop this constant crap about a media bias.  I think it's very clear given that headlines right now are corbyn anti-semitism scandal immediately followed by Tory party and it's islamophobia scandal demonstrates there is no such bias that you seem to drone on about.

Papers don't count because for every right wing paper there are plenty of left wing papers too.  Add on 1001 blog sites, opinion pieces, forums, social media posts, and professional argument sources just like this very website and there's even more range of opinion across all spectrums.

If you are really seeking some difference between the good old days and now it's just the speed of information.  Surely it should be for us to use our own instincts and judgement about who we choose to vote for on the range of information we are presented with.

In my opinion anyone who is so easily influenced that they blindly follow what a certain newspaper or website tell them really doesn't deserve a vote

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

I am not talking about just anti-semitism.

I'm talking about the deluge of campaigns, anti-campaigns, smears, scare stories, tittle-tattle, fairy stories from 'anonymous' sources, shadowy  fringe groups chucking their opinions in....

This is not new.  You must be naive to think it is.   It happens at every election there is always going to be people singing praises of one candidate and people throwing mud at another candidate.

The media are not trying to sway the electorate in any direction.  They are doing what the media does.  Stop this constant crap about a media bias.  I think it's very clear given that headlines right now are corbyn anti-semitism scandal immediately followed by Tory party and it's islamophobia scandal demonstrates there is no such bias that you seem to drone on about.

Papers don't count because for every right wing paper there are plenty of left wing papers too.  Add on 1001 blog sites, opinion pieces, forums, social media posts, and professional argument sources just like this very website and there's even more range of opinion across all spectrums.

If you are really seeking some difference between the good old days and now it's just the speed of information.  Surely it should be for us to use our own instincts and judgement about who we choose to vote for on the range of information we are presented with.

In my opinion anyone who is so easily influenced that they blindly follow what a certain newspaper or website tell them really doesn't deserve a vote

Telegraph, Times, Sun, Mail, Express v how many left wing papers?

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Eh?

If the Tories get a majority they could  pass anything they want with regard to Brexit - certainly don't need another referendum.

You do seem keen on the Tories winning 🙂

According to Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, the Tories must hold a second confirmatory EU referendum even if they get a majority.

In the real world the Tories can do as they like if they win a majority. But according to Jo Swinson, She is going to be the next hardline Remainer Prime Minister who cancels Brexit and the votes of 17.4 million people.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

According to Jo Swinson's Liberal Democrats, the Tories must hold a second confirmatory EU referendum even if they get a majority.

In the real world the Tories can do as they like if they win a majority. But according to Jo Swinson, She is going to be the next hardline Remainer Prime Minister who cancels Brexit and the votes of 17.4 million people.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Of course she is and farage is going to be president of Europe. Her ship has sailed along with corbyns after tonights  show.

9 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I'm not bothered what Jo Swinson says - she's wrong.

She has absolutely no chance of being PM.

Johnson stands a a very good chance and would continue to inflict austerity policies on much of the population - but somehow all your venom is aimed at the Lib Dems and Remainers (the majority of Labour voters).

So who do you support?

Edited by Longcol

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

In the real world the Tories can do as they like if they win a majority.

We need to destroy any possibility of the Tory's getting a majority. :twisted: Come on Mr. Boot we can do this, go with your heart of hearts, think of all  the Tory austerity, Lets do it, destroy it man, come on.