General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The only manefesto that counts is the party that gets the most votes, the only one that will need to do what it says.

Whilst technically true, that's a rather alarming way of looking at it. 

When the manifestoes are put together, nobody knows which party is going to get the most votes. It therefore behoves every party to make sure their manifesto is as accurate as possible. It seems like you're suggesting that parties that don't stand a chance of winning can just fill their manifesto with claptrap and rubbish. I hope you don't think that. 

17 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Whilst technically true, that's a rather alarming way of looking at it. 

When the manifestoes are put together, nobody knows which party is going to get the most votes. It therefore behoves every party to make sure their manifesto is as accurate as possible. It seems like you're suggesting that parties that don't stand a chance of winning can just fill their manifesto with claptrap and rubbish. I hope you don't think that. 

I think the winning side will also fill their manefesto with lies. Its even more complicated whena party does not have overall control and cannot force through its policies.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Tory manifesto, fact checked. (Not by themselves)

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/conservative-manifesto-2019/?fbclid=IwAR0zO5b4Ru-YXHJmXmxvzCU670llRS2ODY666t1VQz9MnY7h_VdeH2KKa9s

As ever from Johnson, a concoction of half truths and deception 

Seems like its not only confined to the Tories though....

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/labour-manifesto-2019/

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Yes.

And you said 32000000 million. Which is thirty two thousand billion. 

So, I’m not sure what your point was.

My point is you have it wrong.  have a look on google how to express 32 million. I think you will find I have the correct figure, 32 and six zeros, as above.

Your 32 thousand billion is, 32000000000000. Here endeth the lesson.

Are you Diane Abacus Abbott's relative, you seem to have her ability for numbers.

Angel1.

16 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

My point is you have it wrong.  have a look on google how to express 32 million. I think you will find I have the correct figure, 32 and six zeros, as above.

Your 32 thousand billion is, 32000000000000. Here endeth the lesson.

Are you Diane Abacus Abbott's relative, you seem to have her ability for numbers.

Angel1.

No. You said 32000000 million. (See below for details )

Which is 32 million million

Which is 32 thousand billion.

I really don’t need google to deal with numbers😀

Edited by Pettytom

On 23/11/2019 at 21:15, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So then, here are the figures, 5% of the workforce is 1600000 million. By Corbyns own words these will raise 80 billion. 

Edited by Pettytom

The anti-Semitism problems for Labour just won't go away. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50552068

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50462884

You can have all the pledges you like but if you can't be bothered to implement them.....It's like Bernard Matthews advocating rights for turkeys. 

Edited by Baron99

19 hours ago, apelike said:

If you provide a quote can you link to it as well? I can't see where in that quote it states that 20% will be binned.

That quote is lifted verbatim from the Tory party manifesto 2019. I'd have thought that you'd be familiar with it.

You can shove your strawman, by the way.

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The anti-Semitism problems for Labour just won't go away. . 

Now there’s a surprise! 🙄

59 minutes ago, L00b said:

That quote is lifted verbatim from the Tory party manifesto 2019. I'd have thought that you'd be familiar with it.

I am but for others it may not be the case. Its customary on SF that when something is quoted a link or acknowledgement to where the quote came from is also provided.

59 minutes ago, L00b said:

Not a strawman, just pointing out as another poster has done the fallacy of that argument.

The anti-semitism problems are not being allowed to go awayA handy strategy to divert discussion away from Tory shortcomings of which there are many, including racism and Islamaphobia. 

1 hour ago, L00b said:

The quote is from the Tory manifesto, but your interpretation of the quote is incorrect. 

They are saying that they want 80% of trade to be covered by FTA within 3 years. Why do you think that means binning 20% of the UK trade? Do you think 100% of UK trade is currently done under FTAs?