General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Who is going to watch the Johnson vs Corbyn Debate tonight? (Tuesday 19th November. 8.0pm ITV)

LOL, whats the point watching an undemocratic debate between two leaders who couldn't organise a chimpanzee tea party..

Just seen the news and Lib Dems and Green party have lost their bid to also be included in the debate..

So much for democracy, what a corrupt society we live in.

Having these political parties and elections is a total waste of time and money, when we live in a country that is controlled and run by the aristocracy..

Yes, you guested right i am from the monster raving loony party, they wouldn't let me be on the TV debate either...LOL

2 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

LOL, whats the point watching an undemocratic debate between two leaders who couldn't organise a chimpanzee tea party..

Just seen the news and Lib Dems and Green party have lost their bid to also be included in the debate..

Having these political parties and elections is a total waste of time and money, when we live in a country that is controlled and run by the aristocracy..

Yes, you guested right i am from the monster raving loony party, they wouldn't let me be on the TV debate either...LOL

Lib Dem and SNP. 

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Take a placard with sheff forum on it.

It’s not the darts tinfoilhat 😀😉

On 16/11/2019 at 10:36, Baron99 said:

And the hyperbole of promises continues to be ramped up. 

Conservatives; We'll plant 30 million trees. 

Lib Dems: We'll plant 60 million trees.  My first thought was don't tell Amey but what next? 

Labour; We'll turn the UK into a jungle. 

Greens: We've seen a documentary called "Jurassic Park" & we intend to bring back the dinosaurs. 

The Green's manifesto. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50467790

Any advance on 700 million new trees? 

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The Green's manifesto. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50467790

Any advance on 700 million new trees? 

They want to pay every adult in the country a UBI of at least £89 a week by 2025. 

Some quick maths - there are about 50million adults in the UK. Paying each one £89 a week would be an annual bill of £231.4 BILLION.  Seeing as £89 a week is a lot less than pensioners and people on benefits get, I assume the actual figure would be a lot lot higher, unless they're suggesting taking money from the poor and elderly in order to give it to the rich and middle-class? 

5 hours ago, L00b said:

Today's bit of "fake news", courtesy of LedbyDonkeys, to remind you all to vote Conservative, because they are such a caring bunch and are committed to improve the NHS :thumbsup:

Whilst Foreign Secretary, Johnson spent your tax money wining and dining a new thinktank, the IFT, pushing for US firms to run the NHS.

Details at this Twitter link, fully sourced with evidence

Have at it, apologists :lol:

A think tank suggests!

I see nobody has mentioned that Sturgeon the prime SNP minister has already allowed a US private healthcare company based in Boston USA (IHI) to get involved in Scotland's NHS cost-cutting exercise. They have won contracts worth £millions under the guise of "Value Management."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1202100/nicola-Sturgeon-NHS-pledge-US-private-healthcare-giant-SNP-cost-cutting

6 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Thinktanks are hosted all the time, by different parties. Just because a thinktank suggests something, it doesn't mean it becomes policy (more often than not it doesn't).  

Even when the hosting is by the governement at taxpayers' expense, rather than by parties at donors' expense?

You might want to lookup the definition of "conflict of interests"...

...speaking of which, Aaron Bank's Twitter account was just hacked, complete with undeleted DMs. Apparently, it's rather the treasure trove for compromising evidence of influence trafficking, all the way to Cabinet appointees.

The Karma police has been notified :thumbsup:

British newspapers heap positive coverage on Tories while trashing Labour, study finds. Pro-government and anti-opposition coverage rife in first week of general election campaign:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-british-uk-media-news-bias-tories-labour-a9209026.html

6 hours ago, alandrea0 said:

Don't you realise how hard it is to organise a chimpanzee tea party? 😌

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s not the darts tinfoilhat 😀😉

Imagine a leaders debate with a darts audience. 

That I would watch ;)

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

British newspapers heap positive coverage on Tories while trashing Labour, study finds. Pro-government and anti-opposition coverage rife in first week of general election campaign:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-british-uk-media-news-bias-tories-labour-a9209026.html

How do they get paid to do a study like that? It’s robbing a living and I want to do it. Hot off the presses tomorrow, “snow, just how cold is it?”

47 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Do you believe everything you read in the papers ?

I call BS ….. this Tories good Labour bad media myth is exactly that, as for social media it's no different, the reality is all media is full of fake news and spin, TV and the internet is exactly the same, most of what I have witnessed on TV lately could be argued as anti Tory and Pro Labour, the Independent though eh !

Ask anybody with any right wing political views or opinions how biased the media is these days.

Edited by Michael_W

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

Do you believe everything you read in the papers ?

I call BS ….. this Tories good Labour bad media myth is exactly that, as for social media it's no different, the reality is all media is full of fake news and spin, TV and the internet is exactly the same, most of what I have witnessed on TV lately could be argued as anti Tory and Pro Labour, the Independent though eh !

Ask anybody with any right wing political views or opinions how biased the media is these days.

If you're saying that the broadcast media are anti Tory and pro Labour I'd challenge that. The BBC for example regularly has members of think tanks on from the Adam Smith Institute, Tax Payers Alliance, Institute of Economic Affairs are regularly on programmes such as Daily Politics, Question Time etc. When on, they're bias is never introduced, but on the odd occasion that someone representing the Institute for Public Policy Research is on, the presenter always calls them 'left leaning' or 'left wing'.

Another example is the issue of racism in political parties. Baroness Syeeda Warsi's quite lonely campaign to stamp out racism in the Tory Party is vary rarely analysed, while the BBC has had, and still does have a running narrative about racism in the Labour Party.

Highlighting issues is one thing, the media have a very powerful role to play in setting the agenda, what is being discussed etc. 

The political centre of gravity has shifted so far right in this country, and that includes broadcast media which are supposed to be neutral.

Edited by Mister M