General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

48 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Don't like Labour's tax strategies. Wouldn't vote for Farige's clown show if they paid me a million quid, Green's? I don't think they could do enough damage.

Which particular tax strategy do you object to?

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Isn’t that what people were saying in 2017?

Labour won’t win a majority in December, not because Corbyn is unpopular but because he is a Brexiteer.

He hasn't got the novelty value any more - and two years of dithering and fence sitting haven't helped .

Holding a General Election just before Christmas is absolute madness there will be a poor turnout, and many people won't welcome political leaflets posted at the same time as their Christmas cards. 

35 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Which particular tax strategy do you object to?

PAYE tax payers, the only ones who are sitting ducks? why do you ask?

Edited by Dardandec

20 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

PAYE tax payers, the only ones who are sitting ducks? why do you ask?

I ask because the Labour manifesto hasn’t been published yet. 

I’m interested in pre-conceived ideas, you see.

Perhaps you could take the time to check out Labour taxation policy, before finally making your mind up.

23 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

haps you could take the time to check out Labour taxation policy, before finally making your mind up

I'm pretty sure taxing the knackers out of working class PAYE tax payers won't be in the manifesto to be honest, the same as it wasn't in 1996. I'll just see what spending pledges they make, roughly work it out in my head how much it will all cost and take it from there thank you. 

3 hours ago, janie48 said:

Holding a General Election just before Christmas is absolute madness there will be a poor turnout, and many people won't welcome political leaflets posted at the same time as their Christmas cards. 

This.^^^^

For starters, I'd guess some students would have finished for Christmas - where are they voting? Remember about 10 years back and the weather we had? Chuck Christmas in as well.....

I'm going for Labour. I don't really want to but in my constituency it's a marginally better option than the local fascist made good. I just hope its a normal and not some momentum plant.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you agree then, that 1950s and ‘60s Labour was anything but far left?

Maybe not, but a lot of talent LEFT the country during that era, ever heard of the 'brain drain'? I left much later due to the beginnings of Thatcherism, but lots of top academics left during Harold Wilson's era. It was even called an epidemic at the time..  lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

7 hours ago, Ethella said:

I'd be amazed if Sheffield ends up with anything other than, 4 Labour MP's and one Lib Dem.

There are 6 constituencies in Sheffield.  I'll go for 5 Labour & Hallam changing back to the Lib Dems following the debacle that is Jared O'Mara. 

Nationwide, a hung Parliament with the Tories being the largest party with the king-makers being a coalition of the Lib Dems & Greens.

Everything will be at stalemate again.  Expect another election in by spring 2021.

7 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Lib Dems all the way for me. As someone said on the consequence tread, they are hard to stomach and I somewhat agree with that, but I like their stance on the Brexit  farce.

Don't like Labour's tax strategies. Wouldn't vote for Farige's clown show if they paid me a million quid, Green's? I don't think they could do enough damage.

I don't want a Tory majority so that's the only way I can go.

Be careful what you wish for re: considering voting for the Lib Dems? 

Research what exactly Jo Swinson's been voting for & against in Parliament?  She's no friend of the working class; long term sick or long term unemployed.  Voted down increasing various benefits to such groups & also voted down taking action on banker’s bonuses. 

9 hours ago, kidley said:

but, corbyns policies will bankrupt this country...

His policies are more or less the same as Denmark's. 

Sounds good to me...

10 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm voting for the Monster Raving Looney Party, Oh hang on, their already in power.

GREAT i am not the only one who thinks that..

It's like watching Chipperfields Circus once again, what a bunch of clowns we have in this country...LOL

I used to watch comedy programs on TV for a laugh, now i just watch our politicians for a laugh..

I didn’t think there would be a general election just yet, I thought the next election would be the fixed term Parliament Act, then I had my doubts.

In between the Christmas ads on TV at the beginning of December

there is also going to be - 

We Now Have A Party Political Broadcast On Behalf Of 

The   ?   Party.