General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

I'd be amazed if Sheffield ends up with anything other than, 4 Labour MP's and one Lib Dem.

10 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

big Labour losses in working class areas is all that Corbyn deserves !

That’s not going to happen, especially if Farage decides to fight the election. Labour majorities may be cut but it will still hold on to most seats.

What it won’t do is pick up a whole bunch of marginals from the Tories or Lib Dems which could have given it an outright majority if it had dumped Brexit.

20 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Plenty of seats will change hands alright, however there are only two realistic options here, Tory Brexit and Lib Dem Remain, the fence sitting, ain't got a clue half wit party have nothing to offer in this one, big Labour losses in working class areas is all that Corbyn deserves !

That’s the tap room of the Chantrey sorted out.

What about the rest of Woodseats?

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s not going to happen, especially if Farage decides to fight the election. Labour majorities may be cut but it will still hold on to most seats.

What it won’t do is pick up a whole bunch of marginals from the Tories or Lib Dems which could have given it an outright majority if it had dumped Brexit.

The main gains from the Tories will be Lib Dems in remain areas. But Labour will still take seats from them (and vice versa).

Labour will need to get their second referendum idea worked out properly, and communicated clearly, or this could be a tough election for them.

Meanwhile, I’m guessing that Johnson’s past might yet have a bearing on his future.

Lib Dems all the way for me. As someone said on the consequence tread, they are hard to stomach and I somewhat agree with that, but I like their stance on the Brexit  farce.

Don't like Labour's tax strategies. Wouldn't vote for Farige's clown show if they paid me a million quid, Green's? I don't think they could do enough damage.

I don't want a Tory majority so that's the only way I can go.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

The two main parties are currently too extreme for my views,so I guess it’s Lib Dem’s for me.

The only positive that I can see is that JC will have to step down and allow Keir Starmer to take the leadership.

I really do believe that Brexit should have been settled separately before a General Election and I fear what excesses Boris will inflict on us if he does get a working majority .

If whoever gets in makes a mess of things, nobody will fess up that they voted for them, a bit like Thatcher. Hardly anyone admitted voting for her or her government. Lol

This election is about Remain or Leave.

Our EU membership is clearly tearing this society apart. This Brexit election will decide if we want more EU chaos, more EU division - or we cast off our bosses club membership and begin the healing process.

Bring on the Brexit election!

15 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

If whoever gets in makes a mess of things, nobody will fess up that they voted for them, a bit like Thatcher. Hardly anyone admitted voting for her or her government. Lol

Do you remember the "Don't blame me, I voted Labour" badges of the very early 80's? some teachers at school used to wear them, the weird thing though looking back, was the teachers wearing them were very liberal, maybe they didn't want to admit to that too. :hihi:

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

This Brexit election will decide if we want more EU chaos, more EU division -

What EU chaos?

The chaos only started after a coalition of the right of the Conservative Party, a small group of very rich businessmen, the far right, the Russian government and the US alt-right started Project Brexit to de-skill and de-regulate the UK to weaken the EU and benefit a handful of very rich catastrophe capitalists.

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Our EU membership is clearly tearing this society apart. This Brexit election will decide if we want more EU chaos, more EU division - or we cast off our bosses club membership and begin the healing process.

Knock yourself out Mr.Boot, just remember one thing for me my friend. When you go on about democracy and not cancelling the votes of the poor and bla de bla, there is another two and a half years of this parliament left and a general election is being forced upon the democratic people of 2017.

Sit back with your nice cuppa and enjoy true democracy, Being able to change your mind, aaaaarreee, that feeling, that is what it's all about.

25 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

So you'll be voting Tory or Brexit Party then..........................

leaders make a big difference to the result of general elections , boris and farage are popular, Corbyn is not.

Just now, lottiecass said:

Corbyn is not.

Isn’t that what people were saying in 2017?

Labour won’t win a majority in December, not because Corbyn is unpopular but because he is a Brexiteer.