General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

On 01/11/2019 at 14:51, El Cid said:

We live in a international world. I have just booked a GPs appointment, the earliest  I can get one is 7 days time, with a Dr with a African sounding name.

So much for Camerons promise(2014) of a 7 days a week, 8am - 8pm

Yeah, it's a shame that Labour ruined the GP system. Also a shame that Cameron never fixed it.

I hear that Farage is not standing.

I take it that is because they can’t find a single constituency where they can’t guarantee the embarrassment of an eighth failure to be elected to the Commons. 😱🤣

50 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I hear that Farage is not standing.

I take it that is because they can’t find a single constituency where they can’t guarantee the embarrassment of an eighth failure to be elected to the Commons. 😱🤣

It’s time that some people recognise him for what he is.

He doesn’t want responsibility.

Just an armchair critic and general rabble rouser who can’t even make it to he back benches.

Time for the media to stop giving him a platform.

15 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It’s time that some people recognise him for what he is.

He doesn’t want responsibility.

Just an armchair critic and general rabble rouser who can’t even make it to he back benches.

Time for the media to stop giving him a platform.

Yes - being an MP would have been to much like hard work - plus being subject to much more scrutiny. If he'd really wanted to be an MP then the Peterborough by-election was his best ever opportunity.

Well - it would appear that only members of the Tory Party are worthy of an apology from Johnson for his failure to leave the EU by the end of last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/boris-johnson-apologises-tory-members-not-leaving-eu-october

A timely reminder who he really cares about (if anyone apart from himself).

32 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Well - it would appear that only members of the Tory Party are worthy of an apology from Johnson for his failure to leave the EU by the end of last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/03/boris-johnson-apologises-tory-members-not-leaving-eu-october

A timely reminder who he really cares about (if anyone apart from himself).

Why on earth would he apologise to the likes of Labour, Lib Dem, SNP and Greens, who between them stalled the whole process, there isn't a party amongst them capable of delivering the result of the referendum to please everybody, if by some truly bizarre twist of fate (bad for the country) Corbyn gets in, he will become the most demonised PM of all time, with immediate effect people will be asking him to apologise for sympathising with terrorists …. do you think he would ?

Plenty of fun and games to come for any future PM be it Boris or anyone else, interesting times ahead ……. that's guaranteed, as for posting Guardian links pfffffft lol !

56 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

with immediate effect people will be asking him to apologise for sympathising with terrorists …. do you think he would ?

Why on earth would he apologise for something he hasn’t done? 🙄

At a well known bookies, they have Conservative majority the 10/11 favourite with no overall majority a close 11/10 2cnd favourite. My money's on the 11/10 option.

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

Why on earth would he apologise to the likes of Labour, Lib Dem, SNP and Greens, who between them stalled the whole process, there isn't a party amongst them capable of delivering the result of the referendum to please everybody, if by some truly bizarre twist of fate (bad for the country) Corbyn gets in, he will become the most demonised PM of all time, with immediate effect people will be asking him to apologise for sympathising with terrorists …. do you think he would ?

Plenty of fun and games to come for any future PM be it Boris or anyone else, interesting times ahead ……. that's guaranteed, as for posting Guardian links pfffffft lol !

You didn't get it did you?

How many people voted leave (over 17 million) as opposed to Tory members (100,000?)

Edited by Longcol

Corbyn's "Warm homes for all" policy announcement.  Cost £250 billion, (expect it to be much higher, these projects always run over budget), with only £60 billion being funded by the Govt. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50277461

Wonder what the low income cut off would be while the rest of us take out the loan?  No doubt favouring council properties in the Lab heartlands, mainly neglected by the Lab run councils for decades? 

Also the proposed £125,000 inheritance tax cap.  Well that would probably affect about 90% of us.  Sit down & work out the value of your home & the money you've got in the bank - you might be surprised. 

Thanks Jeremy but I'd like to pass my hard earned assets, (much of which has already been reduced through tax over the years), on to my family when I'm gone & give them a bit of a leg up.  

Edited by Baron99

On 01/11/2019 at 13:22, Pettytom said:

I wouldn’t believe a word that Farage or Johnson say.

Of course there will be no overt coalition, that would be poisonous for both parties. That won’t stop some tactical cooperation.

I’d expect both parties to be very selective about how much canvassing they do in particular constituencies. I’d imagine that Labour/Plaid/SNP/LD will do similarly.

Farage still has about a hundred candidates to find. That will make the Brexit Party quite vulnerable. We only need to look to Sheffield Hallam to see the consequences of poorly vetted candidates. There will be no shortage of journalists digging into the background of candidates of all parties.

Its going to be fun.

You’re not kidding.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/former-brexit-party-candidate-for-yorkshire-seat-says-she-comes-from-far-flung-star-and-aliens-are-working-with-world-governments-1-10081127

9 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Mmmmm.  What about Cameron doing  dodgy deals to get the Saudis on the UNCHR?   Aren't they terrorists?

Edited by Lex Luthor