General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

10 hours ago, thorphanger said:

Does anyone remember the reason we had to have all the austerity.  The reason the labour government caused all the problems with bad stewardship of the economy and the message left by former chief secretary Liam Byrne left for his successor said "there's no money left."  

Yes, I remember. It was because we couldn't allow banks that had been mismanaged to fail. So the taxpayer bailed out the seriously rich because they were incompetent. Banks had been gambling with other people's money and they lost. 

We should nationalise the banks and have just one Bank, a national Bank. Private banks have no place in a modern People's economy. 

50 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

We should nationalise the banks and have just one Bank, a national Bank. Private banks have no place in a modern People's economy. 

If you think Brexit has been difficult, just try nationalising the banks.

In 1948 The Australian government attempted to nationalise the banks, but the act was declared unconstitutional by the High Court of Australia in the case Bank of New South Wales v Commonwealth.

If the Banks were nationalised, would it then be illegal for Virgin, or anyone elese open a new bank? How about online banking, they could be based in any country.

I dont think your ideas have been thought out very well.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Yes, I remember. It was because we couldn't allow banks that had been mismanaged to fail. So the taxpayer bailed out the seriously rich because they were incompetent. Banks had been gambling with other people's money and they lost. 

Why not nationalise the air that we are breathing along with everything else. Then everyone can be ruled from the centre and have all decisions rubber stamped by a load of nodding dogs.

i can remember when the railway etc was nationalised, you think its bad know, it was alot worse then, and so was british steel "as was" great to work for but, costing the country billions. 

" I can remember when the railway etc was nationalised, you think its bad know, it was alot worse then, and so was british steel "as was" great to work for but, costing the country billions. " - Kidley.

Really?

£50 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_United_Kingdom_bank_rescue_package

or -----Cost of crash: $2,800,000,000,000

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2008/oct/28/economics-credit-crunch-bank-england

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/articles/the2008recession10yearson/2018-04-30

"Why not nationalise the air that we are breathing along with everything else. Then everyone can be ruled from the centre and have all decisions rubber stamped by a load of nodding dogs." - Hobinfoot

Have you been reading 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'  by Robert Tressell - Have we come full circle since 1914?

“Poverty is not caused by men and women getting married; it's not caused by machinery; it's not caused by "over-production"; it's not caused by drink or laziness; and it's not caused by "over-population". It's caused by Private Monopoly. That is the present system. They have monopolized everything that it is possible to monopolize; they have got the whole earth, the minerals in the earth and the streams that water the earth. The only reason they have not monopolized the daylight and the air is that it is not possible to do it.................."

5 hours ago, El Cid said:

If you think Brexit has been difficult, just try nationalising the banks.

In 1948 The Australian government attempted to nationalise the banks, but the act was declared unconstitutional by the High Court of Australia in the case Bank of New South Wales v Commonwealth.

If the Banks were nationalised, would it then be illegal for Virgin, or anyone elese open a new bank? How about online banking, they could be based in any country.

I dont think your ideas have been thought out very well.

As far as I know Corbyn has no plans to nationalise banks. His National banks will run alongside the regular  highstreet banks.

On 01/11/2019 at 21:04, tinfoilhat said:

I'm not sure corbyn is after you - obviously a manifesto will clear all that up. But I'm not sure really really successful people shouldn't be penalised. I don't understand billionaires who keep going trying to get more money, then hide it (legally obviously).

You're confusing money with success.

A lot of the superrich in this country have neither brains nor talent but are rich because their ancestors accumulated wealth.

On 01/11/2019 at 14:51, El Cid said:

We live in a international world. I have just booked a GPs appointment, the earliest  I can get one is 7 days time, with a Dr with a African sounding name.

So much for Camerons promise(2014) of a 7 days a week, 8am - 8pm

People believed Cameron, he came accross as a good guy, Boris on the other hand is dishonest in his personal life, been sacked for dishonesty in previous jobs; who in their right mind would Trust Boris Johnson?

Please tell us your the name of your surgery.  It's around a month's wait at mine.  3 weeks for a nurse appointment.

On 29/10/2019 at 23:02, Top Cats Hat said:

What EU chaos?

The chaos only started after a coalition of the right of the Conservative Party, a small group of very rich businessmen, the far right, the Russian government and the US alt-right started Project Brexit to de-skill and de-regulate the UK to weaken the EU and benefit a handful of very rich catastrophe capitalists.

🤣. Someone should have told them then, they were 40 years too late!

On 30/10/2019 at 08:32, hauxwell said:

In between the Christmas ads on TV at the beginning of December

there is also going to be - 

We Now Have A Party Political Broadcast On Behalf Of 

The   ?   Party.

Instead, they could sponsor our traditional TV viewing:  Farage: I'm a Brexiter, Get Me Out of Here; Boris: A Muppet Christmas Carol; Swinson: The Devil Wears Prada; Corbyn: Miracle on 34th Street;  Soubry:  Home Alone; and Sturgeon: Christmas With the Krankies.

Sorry, I forgot the Greens; has to be The Sound of Muesli.

Edited by Lex Luthor

21 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Please tell us your the name of your surgery.  It's around a month's wait at mine.  3 weeks for a nurse appointment.

Dang that a long wait, maybe you should probably tell us the name of your surgery,

Thankfully I never have that problem at my surgery, last month alone  I booked 4 nurse  appointments    plus 3  G.P appointments!

Looking at online booking, if I wanted to book my G.P

I could get an appointment early Wednesday morning.

No trouble at all booking  any of these appointments,

3 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Dang that a long wait, maybe you should probably tell us the name of your surgery,

Thankfully I never have that problem at my surgery, last month alone  I booked 4 nurse  appointments    plus 3  G.P appointments!

Looking at online booking, if I wanted to book my G.P

I could get an appointment early Wednesday morning.

No trouble at all booking  any of these appointments,

You are very lucky.