General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

21 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Thanks for that Pt. It just seemed a bit odd, never been asked before.

How does it help them? Does the number allow them to know my address from the electoral roll?

I didn't vote for them any way.

They have a list of definite voters from canvassing. They cross check that with the info from the people at the polling station. All the parties will be contacting those who said they’d vote for them, but haven’t yet.

Gives you endless opportunities for fun by telling all the parties you will vote for them, then voting really late😀

1 hour ago, max said:

The ballot paper and the record of who has taken which ballot paper are kept separate. However, in the case of a police investigation, for instance into voter fraud, the ballot papers can be retrieved and matched to a voter.

I've just read somewhere that spoiled votes don't count in the turnout figures. That's pretty disappointing.

Not even my protest vote is worth considering as me 'turning out'

Ah well. I made an effort this time.

1 hour ago, max said:

The ballot paper and the record of who has taken which ballot paper are kept separate. However, in the case of a police investigation, for instance into voter fraud, the ballot papers can be retrieved and matched to a voter.

What?...

How can a piece of paper be matched to a specific voter?..

8 minutes ago, FinBak said:

What?...

How can a piece of paper be matched to a specific voter?..

voter number was written on the voting slip.

I saw this, as at one point, someone nearly went out of order, and the woman said, hang on, you first with this, then you with this one.

-----

out of interest, is anyone (staff or member) going to start a new thread at 10pm?

It would be better with a new thread, as this is very long.

Edited by *_ash_*

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

voter number was written on the voting slip.

I saw this, as at one point, someone nearly went out of order, and the woman said, hang on, you first with this, then you with this one.

Nope. That won't work.

The ONLY credible way that  'Could' work is via DNA association.

2 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Nope. That won't work.

Please explain why it wouldn't work.

5 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Nope. That won't work.

well when i went into ours, they have a sheet with a list of details on, told them my name...address to make sure i was me, she handed me a slip and told the woman sat next to her the number.......i presume the list has a number next to me so i get that voting slip?

1 minute ago, max said:

Please explain why it wouldn't work.

I don't need to explain. 

No numbers whatsoever are written on ballot voting slips.

22 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I've just read somewhere that spoiled votes don't count in the turnout figures. That's pretty disappointing.

Not even my protest vote is worth considering as me 'turning out'

Ah well. I made an effort this time.

Sorry, but the spoilt vote is looked at by agents/candidates from each party who agree on whether it is valid or not. If agreed that it's invalid that's it, its short half second of fame is gone, never to be considered gain.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

well when i went into ours, they have a sheet with a list of details on, told them my name...address to make sure i was me, she handed me a slip and told the woman sat next to her the number.......i presume the list has a number next to me so i get that voting slip?

That is correct...And?

Was that number PRINTED on YOUR Voting SLIP?

Edited by FinBak

Just now, FinBak said:

I don't need to explain. 

No numbers whatsoever are written on ballot voting slips.

No, but when the clerk responsible for checking your entry in the electoral register calls that number out another clerk enters it against the ballot paper number on a list before handing the ballot paper to a clerk for handing to the voter.

The only relationship between voter and ballot paper is that list which is kept secure, along with but separate from, the ballot paper.

1 minute ago, FinBak said:

That is correct...And?

so they know which slip goes with which person, so unless they know all your details they cant be you and vote......obviously like you say DNA or microchips are the next step to make it completely infalliable though