General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, Lord Harold said:

Why quote him then ?

Do you equate quoting people’s opinions with straw clutching?

which other opinions can be discounted as straw clutching then?

instead of asking me questions on his views -  can you explain why his opinions shouldn’t be taken into account - which of his political views do you disagree with?

Edited by makapaka

25 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

Oh look, another just-registered forum member who's come on board to spout vapid Tory propaganda.

I hope they're not paying you too much, given the number of people who frequent the forum these days.

I presume you're paid by the post, given the preference for large numbers of one-liners.  50p a pop maybe?

Or previously banned......................

5 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

Yes, that's possible.  Hard to tell from one-liners.  The spelling's not too bad, so I'm guessing paid shill.  If so, I guess a few more people read the forum than post on it, so Matthew Parker St might be getting some value for money.

I used to get called that all the time by the 9/11, 7/7, Chemtrail, HAARP etc etc conspiracy brigade.

Personally don't think the forum has that wide a reach (and why anyone would chuck even two bob at SF at this late stage in the campaign is well beyond me) nothing like compared to the days before Facebook, Twitter etc  ruled the roost in social media.

SF might still be the second largest generalist forum in the UK behind Digital Spy - but that's not really saying much these days.

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

Oh look, another just-registered forum member who's come on board to spout vapid Tory propaganda.

I hope they're not paying you too much, given the number of people who frequent the forum these days.

I presume you're paid by the post, given the preference for large numbers of one-liners.  50p a pop maybe?

Yes.  Just earned the grand total of  £5 pounds today . Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Lord Harold said:

I never said Labour had asked him for help , just that labour voters on here were clutching at any straw available to help their cause

I've seen a lot of posts from Labour supporters on social media sharing pictures and articles from Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean supposedly promoting Labour and Corbyn.

Except when you look at the pictures and articles, they were from 2014 and 2015.

11 hours ago, makapaka said:

Do you equate quoting people’s opinions with straw clutching?

which other opinions can be discounted as straw clutching then?

instead of asking me questions on his views -  can you explain why his opinions shouldn’t be taken into account - which of his political views do you disagree with?

Do you think his opinions of Jeremy Corbyn should be taken into account?

The article your quote was from is quite critical of both Corbyn and Labour (as well as being critical of Boris and the Tories).

Those who think he supports Labour should look at his twitter history.

Above all decide for youself and - VOTE

The papers - 6-2 to the Conservatives or Score it for yourselves with  the links.

Some of the headlines leave it to us. Others have no reservations.

The Guardian -  “Corbyn urges voters to deliver ‘shock to the establishment’

The Mirror - “For them … vote Labour”

The i “Britain’s future: you decide”.

The Independant - Beyond the Bluster

The Metro -  “So here it is, Merry Xmas

The FT - “Polls cast doubt on Tory hopes of securing a decisive majority”

The Mail - “BORIS”.

The Express - “Brexit and Britain in your hands” 

The Telegraph announces “Decision Day”  “Election on knife edge as Tory lead narrows”.

The Times: “Tories face last-minute threat from Brexit party”

The Sun - “If Boris wins today, a bright future begins tomorrow … but if Red Jez gets in, the lights will go out for good”,  “Save Brexit, Save Britain”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/12/thursday-briefing-now-for-the-only-poll-that-counts

https://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/front-pages.cfm

Guest makapaka
27 minutes ago, altus said:

Do you think his opinions of Jeremy Corbyn should be taken into account?

The article your quote was from is quite critical of both Corbyn and Labour (as well as being critical of Boris and the Tories).

Those who think he supports Labour should look at his twitter history.

I’ve been critical of corbyn at times - even during this campaign - I don’t care who Frankie Boyle votes for because i know it won’t be the conservatives.

Whichever constituency you reside in, think carefully about the best way to use your vote to keep Bozo and his clowns out of office.

As it looks now, the best people can hope for is a hung parliament with another election in six months by which time Labour will have dumped Corbyn.

Looking forward to the local British Chamber xmas lunch tomorrow, as the Brit ambassador is guest-speaking, with the GE result expectedly as hot off the press as it gets :twisted:

I bet he's busy doing a Johnson today, and writing two speeches :D

No matter who you vote for, nothing will beat this leader's Christmas card.

"Leave it Tony, he's not worth it"

_98633918_blair-card-464.jpg