General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

What's the alternative?

Isn't the PM meant to be a role model?

I pity your children (if you have any) and society if you want Boris the sexist to be their role model.

28 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Because it’s better than the alternative.

Only because you’ve been told that it is.

In the real world, a third Tory term along with the proposed Brexit will have the country on its knees within a couple of years.

13 minutes ago, Litotes said:

What's the alternative?

Isn't the PM meant to be a role model?

I pity your children (if you have any) and society if you want Boris the sexist to be their role model.

Well if you're looking for role models!?  Good luck trying to find one from any party within the HoC. 

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In the real world, a third Tory term along with the proposed Brexit will have the country on its knees within a couple of years.

And a Labour Party with its failure to disclose its full costings in its 'Grey Book' & continuing, daily, multi-billion, desparate vote grabbing announcements, that had already been dismissed by the Institute for Fiscal Studies by last Friday, will have us all in the Poor House in around 5 years & then once again, leaving someone else to sort out the problem. 

Someone once said that the country needs a Labour government once in every generation, just to remind us how bad things can be. 

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Someone once said that the country needs a Labour government once in every generation, just to remind us how bad things can be. 

Probably Boris Johnson, that well known teller of porkies.

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well if you're looking for role models!?  Good luck trying to find one from any party within the HoC. 

Does that mean we should  support the one person who has admitted he is a cheat and a liar, who is also a misogynist and racist?

I would suggest not.

There are other less bad people in the HoC.

"Anyone but Boris" should be on the ballot paper, that would be true democracy!

39 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

What a ridiculous thing to say given that there are over 600 MPs and you probably only know a handful of them who you’ve seen on the telly. 🙄

The Papers...................

Today its 5 - 2 to the Conservatives.

The Times -  “Johnson to offer tax cut after Brexit”

The Telegraph - “Tax cuts for millions within days of Brexit”  

The Sun presents Johnson’s “10 commandments” for his first 100 days.

The Express is “Speechless!” because Jeremy Corbyn said he watches the Queen’s address on Christmas morning, when it doesn’t air until 3pm.

The Mail likes that one too: “Corbyn caught out over Queen”.

The i - “NHS cuts killed my mother”.

Mirror - “As nurses use foodbanks, Boris is Mr Greedy”

Guardian - “Trump leaves Nato talks after ridicule from allies”

The Metro - “Trump gets the hump”.

The FT - “M&G halts trading in £2.5bn fund as high outflows spark sell-off fears”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/05/thursday-briefing-pique-trump-after-farcical-exit-back-to-election

I understand there's more in 'The Canary' and 'Metro'. I score this 1-1 .

If we're talking total circulation numbers the Conservative bias is massive.

Edited by Flanker7
More info and comment

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’ve never in my life been told who to vote for. I’ve voted for different parties over the years and I make up my mind after careful consideration.

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What a ridiculous thing to say given that there are over 600 MPs and you probably only know a handful of them who you’ve seen on the telly. 🙄

The MP's Expenses Scandal left very few MPs with a satisfactory reputation. They were nearly all at it. It ranged from morally dubious to outright criminal but very few MPs were prosecuted, which did a lot to destroy the public's view of justice and the honourability of House of Commons. (Jeremy Corbyn, incidently, had the lowest expenses of all of them. An honest man.) 

38 minutes ago, Anna B said:

(Jeremy Corbyn, incidently, had the lowest expenses of all of them. An honest man.) 

Did he?  From 2019:

VOTERS FURIOUS AT HOW MUCH CORBYN AND ABBOTT HAVE CLAIMED IN EXPENSES

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/02/voters-furious-at-how-much-corbyn-and-abbott-have-claimed-in-expenses/

According to mpsexpenses.info, Jeremy Corbyn’s expenses claim stood at an eye-watering £174,114.43 from the 1 Oct 2017 — 30 Sep 2018.

If we minus the staff and travel costs, which stand at £154,570 the final figure is £19,544.

To realise how much Corbyn and Abbott are claiming, we have to compare their figures to Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Jacob claimed between 1 Oct 2017 — 30 Sep 2018 £125,057. Far lower than Corbyn’s and Abbott’s total costs.

Minus staff and travel, which amass to £124,123, we can determine that Jacob only claimed £934 in expenses!

Perhaps you're trying to cite nine year old material?

From 2010:

Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn is the country's lowest expenses claimer

https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/islington-north-mp-jeremy-corbyn-is-the-country-s-lowest-expenses-claimer-1-748369

As for your "honest man", what was that rubbish he was spouting about the Queen's Speech all about?  

"I watch the Queens speech" (even though he doesn't like the monarchy)

"I watch it in the morning" (no you don't, its not on then)

"I watch the repeat"  (what before its even been broadcast?)

The real story is "old man doesn't know what time of day it is".  Do we really want such a bumbling fool as leader?

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Did he?  From 2019:

VOTERS FURIOUS AT HOW MUCH CORBYN AND ABBOTT HAVE CLAIMED IN EXPENSES

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/02/voters-furious-at-how-much-corbyn-and-abbott-have-claimed-in-expenses/

Perhaps you're trying to cite nine year old material?

From 2010:

Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn is the country's lowest expenses claimer

https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/politics/islington-north-mp-jeremy-corbyn-is-the-country-s-lowest-expenses-claimer-1-748369

As for your "honest man", what was that rubbish he was spouting about the Queen's Speech all about?  

"I watch the Queens speech" (even though he doesn't like the monarchy)

"I watch it in the morning" (no you don't, its not on then)

"I watch the repeat"  (what before its even been broadcast?)

The real story is "old man doesn't know what time of day it is".  Do we really want such a bumbling fool as leader?

Perhaps the leaders get a Beta Cassette in advance of the public airing.

It seems to happen with all speeches when the morning news says that so and so will be making a speech and is expected to say “blah,blah blah”.

On the grand scale of things I would say that Boris is the most accomplished 🤥 liar by some distance.

Perhaps that should be his next panel game.

”Would I lie to you?”. You bet I would.

Followed by a guest appearance on “The unbelievable truth”