General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

5 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

* my bold

Do you know how many people are in care homes and paying £30k to £40k per year for the 'privilege' ? - Do you Michael?

I know 1 , my mum. 

6 monthes ago we found a place in a local care home for her. We had looked around and the £600 per week places were terrible with plastic cups, lino, wipe down tables and plastic chairs. All in place to minimise cleaning costs. We settled for a £750 a week home and despite the cost we are reasonable happy with what is provided.

You do the maths.

6 monthes later we/she is more than £36,000 out of pocket and a lifetime of saving and careful management is soaking away before our eyes. December brought an increase in fees of £52.50p per week from January 1st.

You do the maths.

Its easy to question everything without an ounce of research.

Try ringing round a few Sheffield care homes and you will know for yourself, go on, I dare you, I  double dare you!

I also know of people paying this sort of figure, and for very little. The food is poor, and the care is worse. The 'activities co-ordinator' does nothing but make up excuses as to why there are no activities. Everything seems to be done on the cheap, including the staff, (not enough of them, and most on minimum wage. 

No way can the cost be justified.

I'm glad your Mum has found somewhere satisfactory Flanker, it's good to know they do exist, but in my experience they are the exception rather than the rule.  

Edited by Anna B

Business Insider has dug up some more of Boris' pearls of wisdom; and they're just jaw droppingly awful.

Boris Johnson wrote that Britain's poorest communities "[supply] us with the chavs, the losers, the burglars, the drug addicts..."

He claimed that the poorest 20% live on "run-down estates" and only vote for Labour in the "deluded hope of bigger hand-outs."

He also suggested in 2013 that economic inequality was inevitable due to lower intelligence among low-earners.

This on top of revelations reported earlier this week, that Johnson had labelled the children of single mothers "ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate," and accused their fathers of being too "feeble" to "take control of [their] woman."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-said-britain-poorest-chavs-losers-criminals-addicts-burglars-2019-11?r=US&IR=T

The contempt with which he holds people in this country is horrible. That he, and his Brexit ministers openly appealed to many of the poorer parts of Britain to vote for his lousy Brexit, just makes him even more execrable in my opinion. 

I hope the next time he splutters on about his Tory Party his 'one nation government' leading the country; there will be some journalist that challenges him on his rank snobbery, ignorance and sheer vileness.

Edited by Mister M

As i said previously the tories especially are using dodgy adverts to decieve people during this election, now google have banned 8 ads by the tories that do just that

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-general-election-advert-ban-google-fake-news-manifesto-labour-a9223846.html

whatever happened to morals, honesty and truth?

Shami Chakrabati told Andrew Marr that politicians should not use Friday’s attack to score cheap political points. Ten seconds later Marr is being told by Bozo that Labour is to blame for the early release scheme brought in by a left-wing Labour government. Marr had to remind him that Blair’s government could not be described as ‘left-wing’ and that the Tories have been in power for 10 years.

The guy is a bumbling shambles but will certainly appeal to the less discerning sections of our electorate.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Shami Chakrabati told Andrew Marr that politicians should not use Friday’s attack to score cheap political points. Ten seconds later Marr is being told by Bozo that Labour is to blame for the early release scheme brought in by a left-wing Labour government. Marr had to remind him that Blair’s government could not be described as ‘left-wing’ and that the Tories have been in power for 10 years.

The guy is a bumbling shambles but will certainly appeal to the less discerning sections of our electorate.

I watched the same thing this morning. How anybody could want Boris Johnson as our prime minister is utterly beyond me.

It was as if the Conservative party had not been in power for the last decade.

54 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Here’s what the American’s make of it. 

We should be ashamed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/29/opinion/britain-election-disinformation-johnson.html#click=https://t.co/Dg2JxRP8YE

Horrible state of affairs, our democracy is now dead (and it wasnt "brexit" or "remainers" that killed it, its liars and cheats)

IF you don't rely on your own judgement  you shouldn't vote.

43 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

It was as if the Conservative party had not been in power for the last decade.

Every time he was reminded of this he said ‘Yes but I’ve only been in power for a few months’. He seemed quite happy to hold Corbyn responsible for the actions of Tony Blair’s government over 20 years ago but wouldn’t take responsibility for anything a Conservative government has done in the last 10 years, even though he was a member of government, which Corbyn never was.

16 minutes ago, retep said:

IF you don't rely on your own judgement  you shouldn't vote.

not an excuse

18 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not an excuse

If you need telling how to vote you shouldn't ,  you haven't the capability.

19 minutes ago, retep said:

If you need telling how to vote you shouldn't ,  you haven't the capability.

I think you should have to take an intelligence test ....