General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

37 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Thankyou padders. It's interesting that this hasn't made the News at all, yet today's News is full of the IMF  report criticising Labours plans.

Oh you missed the part where it also criticises the Tory plans. Of course you didn't - you just chose to ignore it. Bit of selective reporting there by you Anna to spin the narrative to what you want I see..

27 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who will they blame then?

Yorkshire folk with no-one to blame but themselves??

We really are heading into a strange new world!!

8 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Oh you missed the part where it also criticises the Tory plans. Of course you didn't - you just chose to ignore it. Bit of selective reporting there by you Anna to spin the narrative to what you want I see..

I think what Anna was implying Obelix,  Had those 163 economists been praising the Tory spending plans, it would have been mentioned.

51 minutes ago, Padders said:

I think what Anna was implying Obelix,  Had those 163 economists been praising the Tory spending plans, it would have been mentioned.

Sorry. Not meant to respond to this post. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It will be nowhere near the pain they will be feeling if they help elect an unfettered Johnson government.

Who will they blame then?

The party they have supported all their lives for not giving them a credible alternative. And making glib comments doesn’t help people like these.

Edited by hobinfoot

Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) says it's highly likely the Tories would end up spending more than their manifesto pledges.  

Labour would be unable to deliver its spending increases as it has promised. 

Apparently, neither party was being "Honest" with voters. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, BoroB said:

If 'Billion' was a species of tree, and Labour said they would plant two Billion trees, Diane Abbott would still struggle to explain the maths.

Have you noticed diane abbott anywhere recently? I wonder why she hasn't been on tv ?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) says it's highly likely the Tories would end up spending more than their manifesto pledges.  

Labour would be unable to deliver its spending increases as it has promised. 

Apparently, neither party was being "Honest" with voters. 

Colour me surprised... Both of them are promising buying votes with money they just dont have or cannot raise.

Why do we pay our taxes if not for services like these?

2 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Have you noticed diane abbott anywhere recently? I wonder why she hasn't been on tv ?

You tell us!

2 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Same reason as for Jacob Rees-Mogg's absence. They tend to say the wrong thing.

8 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Same reason as for Jacob Rees-Mogg's absence. They tend to say the wrong thing.

I can understand why Mogg has disappeared. The more you see of him the less there is and what remains is an odious empathy free shell of a human being.