General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

54 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Most gp’s surgeons and consultants earn more than £80,000. Why would any doctor ever want to become one of the above if they would be penalised by more tax. I personally don’t think £80,000 a year is all that high.

You must live in another world if you think £80,000 isn't that high for a years work when plenty get £20,000.

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

Most gp’s surgeons and consultants earn more than £80,000. Why would any doctor ever want to become one of the above if they would be penalised by more tax.

If you earned £80k it's because you only pay the 40% on earnings above £46k - (you pay 20% between £11,850 and £46.350) so for every extra thousand above £46,350 you earn above it you bring home £600 - that's over £20k if you earn £80k.

Note: have excluded NI from above - but it's only 2% above £50k pa as opposed to 12% between £11k and £50k.

ps - a lot of doctors aren't GP's, surgeons or consultants.

Edited by Longcol

Why does Johnson try to make political capital out of Corbyn’s personal position on Brexit.

Better a declared neutral position than a stance adopted for personal power and career advancement.

Also why does he bang on about getting Brexit “done” so that we can have a glorious e boom,when all the evidence suggests a hit to our economy.

His charm gets him everywhere but will get us nowhere.

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Why does Johnson try to make political capital out of Corbyn’s personal position on Brexit.

Better a declared neutral position than a stance adopted for personal power and career advancement.

Also why does he bang on about getting Brexit “done” so that we can have a glorious e boom,when all the evidence suggests a hit to our economy.

Because, unfortunately, a large proportion of the electorate are led to believe most every question can be answered by a simple yes or no?

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you should find out, if you want your comments on the matter to be taken seriously.

Why as that is irrelevant. You obviously failed to notice they were questions and not comments to which Anna B also gave an answer to.

1 hour ago, lottiecass said:

I think  Jo has just got the message that libdems aren't as popular as she hoped.

If you get into bed with the Tories expect to pay for it in the long run.

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The Guardian does not sing the praises of Jeremy Corbyn. It hates him and much prefers the Yellow Tories.

Links to the pro-Tory stories in the Guardian please 😎

Oh - and links to all the anti-Tory posts made by Car Boot on Sheffield Forum while you're at it 😁😁🤣

Edited by Longcol

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

If you get into bed with the Tories expect to pay for it in the long run.

Or, if you lay down with dogs, you end up with fleas.

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Blimey Jo Swinson is getting smashed on QT Sheffield.

Cringeworthy. Mind you, Fiona Bruce fired a few loaded bullets at her :hihi:

I wasn't expecting to like Sturgeon, but she came across very well, I thought.

Nicola Sturgeon came across better than any of them, I have a lot of respect for her. 

She was a loyal friend to the late Charles Kennedy whom I also admired. 

21 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Jeremy Corbyn should be clearer on his position on Brexit. 

I would rather he wasn't so ambiguous on the subject it  makes him appear indecisive which isn't a good sign in a leader. 

I have nothing to say about Boris, he was just as predictable as I expected. 

16 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Nicola Sturgeon came across better than any of them, I have a lot of respect for her. 

She was a loyal friend to the late Charles Kennedy whom I also admired. 

If Blackford had been the representative, I wouldn't have watched this segment.