General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

20 minutes ago, apelike said:

I think the reason why the report has not been published is possibly because there is not much at all in the allegations about Russian involvement in both funding or manipulation and because of that it will automatically be made out to be a whitewash by this government.

That theory appears to have been disproven, by Lebedev junior's reaction (op-ed & story in Mail on Sunday as pre-empt) to Carole Cadwalladr's press enquiry in advance of her Observer piece. 

It's always an innocent look, when one denies what one hasn't been accused of :lol: ;)

9 minutes ago, L00b said:

That theory appears to have been disproven, by Lebedev junior's reaction (op-ed & story in Mail on Sunday as pre-empt) to Carole Cadwalladr's press enquiry in advance of her Observer piece. 

It's always an innocent look, when one denies what one hasn't been accused of :lol: ;)

Can you provide any links to this apparent disproven theory rather than just hearsay by people who also have not read the report?

Edited by apelike

What should the candidates themselves be judged on?

I recently went for a beer with a Green candidate, it transpered that he eats meat and has a photo of him sking in a foreign holiday on his facebook profile. Rather hypercritical? He did say that he drove a zero rated car though.

Tories living in social housing, Labour candidates using private schools which they want to abolish. Do things matter?

17 minutes ago, apelike said:

Can you provide any links to this apparent disproven theory rather than just hearsay by people who also have not read the report?

How about: as soon as you provide any links about your own theory?

No?

Didn't think so, either.

Here for the story, here for the pre-empt. I'll let you work out the glaring issue with the pre-empt.

15 minutes ago, El Cid said:

What should the candidates themselves be judged on?

I recently went for a beer with a Green candidate, it transpered that he eats meat and has a photo of him sking in a foreign holiday on his facebook profile. Rather hypercritical? He did say that he drove a zero rated car though.

Tories living in social housing, Labour candidates using private schools which they want to abolish. Do things matter?

Eh?

Are there rules about Green candidates having to be vegetarians (God forbid, vegans even!) and never travelling abroad? 

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

No?

Didn't think so, either.

Here for the story, here for the pre-empt. I'll let you work out the glaring issue with the pre-empt.

Eh?

Are there rules about Green candidates having to be vegetarians (God forbid, vegans even!) and never travelling abroad? 

El Cid isn't saying there should be rules. They're asking whether things like that matter. Does it matter if candidates practice what they preach. 

6 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

El Cid isn't saying there should be rules. They're asking whether things like that matter. Does it matter if candidates practice what they preach. 

I'm not sure El Cid knows how the candidate in question got to the ski slopes. Trains are available.

7 minutes ago, L00b said:

No?

Didn't think so, either.

How can I provide links to what I stated I thought?

7 minutes ago, L00b said:

Eh?

Ah so it was not actually disproven then and as said just hearsay by the media who have not seen the report. Really.. the Guardian and the Mail... :)

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

How can I provide links to what I stated I thought?

You can provide links to what information has been informing these thoughts of yours...

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

Ah so it was not actually disproven then and as said just hearsay by the media who have not seen the report. Really.. the Guardian and the Mail... :)

You don't do details, much, do you at times?

Carry on obliviously. And don't forget to vote Tory, the party of honest politicians (definition: those politicians who, once bought, stay bought) :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Well, El Cid is asking whether it is hypocritical of a Green candidate to eat meat and to ski abroad. That strongly suggests ethical or party rules, which that Green candidate is transgressing, no?

So I'm asking, because unless I am mistaken, Green are not campaigning to abolish meat eating, nor to abolish foreign skiing/sunbathing/etc travel (...are they?)

Could it just be that El Cid was projecting (somewhat misguided-) expectations on the candidate instead?

FWIW, personally I'd find a lot more time for a meat-eating, foreign-travelling Green candidate, than the proselyte vegan, anti-personal transportation type (and the equivalent headbangers in other parties): those 'faults' (for a Green) would make him/her far more human/genuine to me.

Here's a novel idea about politics (in the UK at least): down with the pigeonholing :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

Well, El Cid is asking whether it is hypocritical of a Green candidate to eat meat and to ski abroad. That strongly suggests ethical or party rules, which that Green candidate is transgressing, no?

So I'm asking, because unless I am mistaken, Green are not campaigning to abolish meat eating, nor to abolish foreign skiing/sunbathing/etc travel (...are they?)

Could it just be that El Cid was projecting (somewhat misguided-) expectations on the candidate instead?

FWIW, personally I'd find a lot more time for a meat-eating, foreign-travelling Green candidate, than the proselyte vegan, anti-personal transportation type (and the equivalent headbangers in other parties): those 'faults' (for a Green) would make him/her far more human/genuine to me.

Here's a novel idea about politics (in the UK at least): down with the pigeonholing :thumbsup:

I'll let El Cid answer, but as far as I was concerned, he wasn't suggesting they were transgressing any party rules no. 

On the news today......

July 2019 Boris to reduce corporation tax from 19% to 17% claiming it actually increases revenue.

Today, Boris postpones reduction in corporation tax, saving 6 billion pounds :huh:.

Very confusing.

3 hours ago, L00b said:

Indeed. Well said.

Also, it is perfectly possible to catch the train to go on a skiing holiday. Eating some, properly reared, meat isn’t going to destroy the planet either. 

So, I’ve no idea what El Cid was on about. He came over as rather judgemental to me.