General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

2 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

The idiots wanted to have an election in December. To the clueless that thought one day wouldn’t matter to schools, we’ll it seems you were very wrong. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50331447

What a load of rot! The election has been called for the 12th December and it is now only the 7th November. Considering that its normally primary schools that hold one and usually just for one day I doubt many schools will have problems rescheduling their itenary to allow the school to close for that one day.

5 hours ago, Magilla said:

Hook,  line & sinker:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-50160148

Read my post again. 

Did I say that Duncan Hamed personally received money from  the EU?  Er, no!  I posted he works for an NGO that has been funded by the EU & big business. 

Have a look at Transparency International's own website: https://www.transparency.org/whoweare/accountability/who_supports_us/2

Oooooo look.  Who's that mentioned who provide funds?  Well it's only the EUROPEAN COMMISSION.  Well I never. 

Do a bit of research & don't give me the hook, line & sinker comment.  That stupid comment has backfired at bit eh? 

Suitably chastised I'd say. 

Edited by Baron99

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

You're not going to convince me that Ms Swinson's opinion on remaining in the EU isn't somewhat swayed by the fact that her husband, Duncan Hames is Director of Policy at Transparency International UK, a Berlin based NGO, which has received funding from the EU other organisations such as Siemens. 

It's on a par with Nick Clegg's love for the EU as his wife was a prominent EU lobbyist. 

Why does the opinion of one person in a relationship need to be swayed by the job of the other? Can't both partners in a relationship be pro-Europe, or pro-Leave, or pro-Furry Pets etc?

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Read my post again. 

Did I say that Duncan Hamed personally received money from  the EU?

You implied some impropriety where there is none.

Easily debunked.

Again, you fell for it hook, line and sinker! If you didn't, why post it? :rolleyes:

Er, no!  I posted he works for an NGO that has been funded by the EU & big business. 

.. and the UK's Department for International Development, or Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade... both of which are lapping up Brexit :?

The Lib-dem view/policy is the same as it was before he worked for this NGO... yet "You're not going to convince me" that the total lack of any change in that policy isn't somehow related? :loopy:

So easily debunked. A shame you couldn't be bothered before spouting it eh :?

Have a look at Transparency International's own website: https://www.transparency.org/whoweare/accountability/who_supports_us/2

Oooooo look.  Who's that mentioned who provide funds?  Well it's only the EUROPEAN COMMISSION.  Well I never. 

Wow, £2000 for 2017/18 somehow swayed someones opinion to such an extent that they kept their opinion *exactly* as it always was.

Yeah, when you put it that way it makes perfect sense... I mean, it's obvious... right? :loopy: :hihi:

Do a bit of research & don't give me the hook, line & sinker comment.  That stupid comment has backfired at bit eh? 

Not at all, it's entirely accurate.

More so, given your response :?

Suitably chastised I'd say.

I'm not sure desperately trying to back up a conspiracy theory, and failing badly, qualifies.

You're so desperate to believe it, to such an extent that "You're not going to convince me" otherwise! Not even with the truth! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla
typo

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

You implied some impropriety where there is none.

Easily debunked.

Again, you fell for it hook, line and sinker! If you didn't, why post it? :rolleyes:

.. and the UK's Department for International Development, or Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade... both of which are lapping up Brexit :?

The Lib-dem view/policy is the same as it was before he worked for this NGO... yet "You're not going to convince me" that the total lack of any change in that policy isn't somehow related? :loopy:

So easily debunked. A shame you couldn't be bothered before spouting it eh :?

Wow, £2000 for 2017/18 somehow swayed someones opinion to such an extent that they kept their opinion *exactly* as it always was.

Yeah, when you put it that way it makes perfect sense... I mean, it's obvious... right? :loopy: :hihi:

Not at all, it's entirely accurate.

More so, given your response :?

I'm not sure desperately trying to back up a conspiracy theory, and failing badly, qualifies.

You're so desperate to believe it, to such an extent that "You're not going to convince me" otherwise! Not even with the truth! :hihi:

Suitably previously chastised for not fully reading my initial post; doing your research before posting & now the toys are hitting the floor because of  it all. 

35 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Suitably previously chastised for not fully reading my initial post;

As before, I'm not sure making yourself look a gullible plum counts :?

35 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

doing your research before posting & now the toys are hitting the floor because of  it all. 

The irony :hihi:

At the moment I am a floating voter,probably for the first time in my life.

I will be interested to see what the turnout will be,and whether it reflects a degree of boredom and mistrust of politicians,or perhaps that as there are clearly some passionate views on the Brexit issues then there might be more engagement from the electorate.

As for the head to head debates I suspect that Corbyn will perform better than Boris as a fluent speaker.Boris has some charisma but is given to sweeping generalisations,and may well trip himself up on details.

I fear that we will muddle on with a hung Parliament,but it’s keeping me interested

15 hours ago, RJRB said:

At the moment I am a floating voter,probably for the first time in my life.

I will be interested to see what the turnout will be,and whether it reflects a degree of boredom and mistrust of politicians,or perhaps that as there are clearly some passionate views on the Brexit issues then there might be more engagement from the electorate.

As for the head to head debates I suspect that Corbyn will perform better than Boris as a fluent speaker.Boris has some charisma but is given to sweeping generalisations,and may well trip himself up on details.

I fear that we will muddle on with a hung Parliament,but it’s keeping me interested

If ithe last election is anything to go on, once people get the chance to hear from Jeremy Corbyn 'straight from the horse's mouth' as it were, his popularity will rise. He has some very good, well thought out and costed policies that are much  needed in modern Britain. Last time was a snap election cut short after a fortnight, this time he has a full 5 weeks to get his message across.

The Establishment are <removed> themselves, so expect a media onslaught of negative publicity, and full-on anti-Corbyn propaganda. 

Edited by nikki-red

The nation's defence policy hasn't been scrutinised yet, that should be interesting.

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

If ithe last election is anything to go on, once people get the chance to hear from Jeremy Corbyn 'straight from the horse's mouth' as it were, his popularity will rise. He has some very good, well thought out and costed policies that are much  needed in modern Britain. Last time was a snap election cut short after a fortnight, this time he has a full 5 weeks to get his message across.

The Establishment are <removed> themselves, so expect a media onslaught of negative publicity, and full-on anti-Corbyn propaganda. 

I know quite a lot of lifelong Labour voters who are saying that they won’t vote for them while Corbyn is leader. I don’t think it’s the message it’s the messenger.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

I know quite a lot of lifelong Labour voters who are saying that they won’t vote for them while Corbyn is leader. I don’t think it’s the message it’s the messenger.

I've spoken to some people on the doorstep and those who say they won't vote Labour because of JC can never vocalise what it is they don't like about him. They agree with the policies, who wouldn't, and understand how they are costed but have this dislike of JC which no amount of persuasion can overcome.

43 minutes ago, max said:

I've spoken to some people on the doorstep and those who say they won't vote Labour because of JC can never vocalise what it is they don't like about him. They agree with the policies, who wouldn't, and understand how they are costed but have this dislike of JC which no amount of persuasion can overcome.

No doubtt because they have been bombarded continuously with negative propaganda about JC 'not being fit to be Prime Minister' etc.

This sort of thing works if you're told it often enough. The power of the press...