General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What about it?

Well, with all the doom and gloom over the last few years, I thought this was some good news.

Just now, *_ash_* said:

Well, with all the doom and gloom over the last few years, I thought this was some good news.

Oh dear....Well I supposed some folk are easily amused.

I thought the Russians were supposed to fund Labour, not the Tories.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/russia-conservative-party-brexit-intelligence-uk-report-national-security-money-a9185116.html

"The inquiry by the Commons Intelligence and Security Committee is believed to have looked at claims of Moscow’s attempts to influence the Brexit campaign and Russian money going into UK institutions including sizeable donations made to the Conservative Party. "

No wonder Johnson doesn't want the report published until after the election.

Edited by Longcol

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

I thought the Russians were supposed to fund Labour, not the Tories..

That was the Soviet Union.

The current Russian state is very nationalist, right wing and fearful of the EU, hence its support for Brexit and anyone who supports Brexit (Boris Johnson and his Tories)

16 hours ago, Longcol said:

I thought the Russians were supposed to fund Labour, not the Tories.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/russia-conservative-party-brexit-intelligence-uk-report-national-security-money-a9185116.html

"The inquiry by the Commons Intelligence and Security Committee is believed to have looked at claims of Moscow’s attempts to influence the Brexit campaign and Russian money going into UK institutions including sizeable donations made to the Conservative Party. "

No wonder Johnson doesn't want the report published until after the election.

They are not stupid, they fund anyone willing to do their bidding on both right and left. All helps with their policies to sow chaos amongst their enemies.

21 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That was the Soviet Union.

The current Russian state is very nationalist, right wing and fearful of the EU, hence its support for Brexit and anyone who supports Brexit (Boris Johnson and his Tories)

Yes - just making the point if it had been Labour then the Tory press would have been all over the story like a rash.

And - not surprisingly the Tories are using social media to spread misleading information - editing an interview on TV by  Keir Starmer to make it look like he couldn't answer a question when he gave a lengthy response.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-video-keir-starmer-cut-general-election-piers-morgan-twitter-a9186531.html

Ther Tories are going to use more untruths in this election than in all the rest put together (referendum included).

Let's just get the election out of the way then get Brexit done. It's what most people want.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Let's just get the election out of the way then get Brexit done. It's what most people want.

So you want a Tory government then?

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So you want a Tory government then?

Definitely not.

Will all Remainers be voting for their Leader, Jo Swinson?

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Definitely not.

I will be, but only because Jared has screwed any chance of Labour winning here. Stopping the Tories is my main priority.

How about you Booty. Will you be voting Brexit Party, or Tory. Or will you be phoning Ann Widdecombe for advice?

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Definitely not.

No - a lot, like me, will be voting Labour.

You haven't said yet what you think of Corbyn's position - interested to hear the authentic voice of Monk Bretton Civil Servants.