General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

Proportionately?

And have you considered disposable income?

Or questioned how many got so rich?

So, to answer your question. In most cases, no.

I find it fascinating that you can read my mind like that.

Absolutely and proportionally the wealthy pay more

That's how the tax system is set up and it largely works. I know you probably don't believe it but it does and if you want to spend the money here you have to pay the tax on it first lest HMRC notice and ask questions.

Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn on getting an amazing boost in support thanks to Donald Trump's recent radio interview.  

I would honestly consider supporting Corbyn to spite that ignorant fool and his brainless remarks.

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn on getting an amazing boost in support thanks to Donald Trump's recent radio interview.  

I would honestly consider supporting Corbyn to spite that ignorant fool and his brainless remarks.

Here's the rub. There's a fair chance corbyn could do a lot of damage to this country, and particularly my tiny corner of it in 5 years. Johnson, possibly aided by farage, and god forbid trump, could do even more irreversible damage in half that time.

What a choice. I see a fair chunk of the press are seeing trumps input as a good thing. Traitors? Yeah, traitors.

I would have thought that most people would be able to reason who is the most reliable trading bloc in the future,Europe or the U.S.

We trade on equal terms with the EU ,or bow to the US demands in order to get a few scraps off their table.

I hope that Trump’s comments are even more counter productive to Farage and Johnson’s cause than Obama’s “assistance” to Cameron.

Trump,Farage and Johnson.....what an odious triumvirate.

The sooner we can find some statesmanlike and principled leaders the better. 

Edited by RJRB

No need to call Trump, Remember Obama interfering with British Politics saying the UK would go to the back of the queue in any trade deal with the US if we leave the EU.

Thank heavens he is no longer President.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

No need to call Trump, Remember Obama interfering with British Politics saying the UK would go to the back of the queue in any trade deal with the US if we leave the EU.

Obamas comments were patently obviously designed to support Camerons Remain policy.

Trump has already illustrated that he is more inclined to tear up agreements as he pursues his America  first mantra.

There will be no deals without major concessions on our part as regards standards and access to our most treasured NHS.

I reckon it will all come down to coalitions.

Tories and Brexit party - either in a coalition, or tactical candidate placing.

Which will force Labour and the Lib Dems to have a "remain" coalition, despite Jo Swinson repeatedly saying she wouldn't.

29 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

So you’ve got no problem with Trump interfering in British politics?

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I reckon it will all come down to coalitions.

Tories and Brexit party - either in a coalition, or tactical candidate placing.

Smart guessing from the poster above 😉

Farage calls on Johnson to 'build Leave alliance'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50261647

How long before the "remain alliance".....?

the biggest peaceful weapon america has against other countries is sanctions, if we agree a trade deal with america, heaven help the NHS and above all the English people if they ever get there hands on that.

A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE COMES TO MIND 

24 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Smart guessing from the poster above 😉

Farage calls on Johnson to 'build Leave alliance'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50261647

How long before the "remain alliance".....?

Well the Tory / Brexit party alliance isn't going to happen. 

If Farage's raison d'etre is to get the UK to leave the EU, then he shouldn't be issuing any threats & spitting his dummy out if he doesn't get an agreement with the Tories. 

He should not contest the secure Tory seats but instead concentrate his efforts on standing in the Lab areas where there was a large Leave vote registered, (and over 60% of Lab constituencies registered a Leave vote), and target the Lab MP's who refused to acknowledge their Leave constituents.