General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m not sure what to think about the postal vote, I’ve been told that it is open to fraud. I wasn’t aware that you could vote online until I read tinfoilhat’s link and I don’t think I trust that method either.

I’m going to cast my vote the old fashioned way by going to the polling station on the day, putting my cross on a piece of paper then putting it in the box, come rain, snow or sunshine.

My goodness, the last thing we need is electoral fraud. 

Even if I vote tactically I will certainly be at the voting booth whatever the weather. 

I'm well aware of the sacrifices the suffragettes and reformers made for women to be able to vote in the early last century, and I feel all of us should vote if possible, while ever we have the freedom to do so. 

Edited by janie48

Cornyn has,one thing going for him BoJo is bound to make silly remarks during the campaign

23 minutes ago, Robbiet said:

Cornyn has,one thing going for him BoJo is bound to make silly remarks during the campaign

But they won't be reported in the press. Corbyn eats something "a bit funny", front page news, and that's before Dom and his social media friends have a go.

32 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But they won't be reported in the press. Corbyn eats something "a bit funny", front page news, and that's before Dom and his social media friends have a go.

The BBC are doing a brilliant job of finding people who are willing to say “I voted remain, but Boris is the man for me”

They must have a cupboard full of rentaquote Tory “remainers”

This election should send the clear message:

£Billionaires OUT of Britain!

9 out of 10 £Billionaires support the pro-austerity EU. 

£Billionaires not welcome here!

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

This election should send the clear message:

Are you voting Labour then, Booty?

Selling the NHS is a load of crap. No government would dare to do it has they wouldn’t ever get elected again anyone with half a brain knows this.

Just now, hobinfoot said:

Selling the NHS is a load of crap. No government would dare to do it has they wouldn’t ever get elected again anyone with half a brain knows this.

It is already being sold. Bit by bit.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

The BBC are doing a brilliant job of finding people who are willing to say “I voted remain, but Boris is the man for me”

I noticed a few of those.

It reminds me of the BBC reporter during the Grunwick strike in 1976. The reporter asked one of the strikers “How solid is support for this strike?” “99%!” came the answer. “Do you know where we can find the 1% so we can interview them?” replied the BBC reporter.

Anyone who doesn’t accept that the BBC is conservative with a small ‘c’ is fooling themselves. I wonder if David Dimbleby is doing the election night coverage this year. He really struggles to contain his delight when the Conservatives do well.

34 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I don't pay tax on over half of my income, I understand billionaires pay a lot of tax, even if it could be a slightly higher percentage of their wealth.

£Billionaires pay a lower rate of tax than their cleaners...