General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

It's no coincidence that the pro-austerity Lib Dems are fanatical supporters of the pro-austerity EU.

The austerity agenda was thanks to the Tories - you do get the Tories and Europe mixed up regularly.

11 minutes ago, L00b said:

He has been repeatedly elected as an MEP.

He is popular because people are either gullible, or ignorant, or disinterested, or all of these attributes together. Hence his repeat election as an MEP, despite his EU Parliamentary record.

The poster was obviously referring to the House of Commons and not the European Parliament.  Nigel Farage has stood seven times to be elected as an MP and has failed to get elected each time.  If he stands this time then it will be the sixth time in a General Election.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's not ideal but needs to be done to get rid of the rogue dishonest Parliament.  A Tory working majority will be the best Christmas present for our country.

The most dishonest rogue was the one pretending he needed to prorogue Parliament for a Queens Speech .

By Christmas presents I assume you mean no deal back on the agenda, cuts to terms and conditions & health and safety,  more redundancy notices, increased use of food banks. The ERG supporting hedge funds will probably do pretty well.

Edited by Longcol

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The poster was obviously referring to the House of Commons and not the European Parliament.  Nigel Farage has stood seven times to be elected as an MP and has failed to get elected each time.  If he stands this time then it will be the sixth time in a General Election.

I'm well aware.

The opportunity of taking a swipe at his electorate was worth taking all the same :twisted:

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

It's no coincidence that the pro-austerity Lib Dems are fanatical supporters of the pro-austerity EU.

More lies I see. Care to point out where they are pro austerity or is this more of your smear anything that is not far left Labour rhetoric?

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's not ideal but needs to be done to get rid of the rogue dishonest Parliament.  A Tory working majority will be the best Christmas present for our country.

How is a Parliament rogue and dishonest for doing exactly what it is meant to do?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

How is the EU pro-austerity, exactly?

Seems you never heard of e.g. Horizon 2020. Not surprising in the least, mind.

The EU is a cheerleader for austerity policy making.

Severe fiscal austerity (at the cost of people’s democratic rights and their material standard of living) is hardwired into its DNA. Austerity is built into the EU as an institution. FACT.

9 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Severe fiscal austerity (at the cost of people’s democratic rights and their material standard of living) is hardwired into its DNA. Austerity is built into the EU as an institution. FACT.

Simply sticking FACT on the end like someone yelling at Kyle doesnt make it a fact no matter how hard you wish it.

Show us how the EU adn LibDems are pro austerity. We are waiting with if not bated breath a sense of amusement..

37 minutes ago, Obelix said:

How is a Parliament rogue and dishonest for doing exactly what it is meant to do?

For the 2017 General Election campaign both the Labour Party and Tory Party had manifestos pledging to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.  The Labour Party and Tory Party won 579 seats between them and had over 80% share of the vote in the 2017 General Election.   This rogue dishonest Parliament hasn't done exactly what it was elected to do because it has blocked the implementation of the EU 2016 Referendum result and not implemented it as pledged in the manifestos of the two main parties. 

So you mean that Parliament is just a rubber stamp for the manifesto then?

You have a truly bizzare idea of what Parliement is.

13 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

No, Carboot, this isn't factual in the least: it's empty rhetoric, unsupported by any evidence.

So, I'll repeat: how is the EU pro-austerity, exactly?

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Isn’t that what people were saying in 2017?

Labour won’t win a majority in December, not because Corbyn is unpopular but because he is a Brexiteer.

Exactly.  My MP, Blomfeld, seems pretty active dealing with constituents. But I'm not sure I can vote for him when the leader of his party is making pro brexit statements. Though with his majority I doubt my vote will make any difference, in other more marginal constituencies such views will make a difference.

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

how come if farage is so popular he has never been elected?

A bit stupid to say, how does he sit in eu .