General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

To stop the Brexit thread being bunged up with election discussion, it might be useful to have a separate thread for what will probably be the most hard fought election for decades.

What do you think Cat?

I’m expecting plenty of seats changing hands, but no clear winner. Followed by more parliamentary madness.

The two main parties are currently too extreme for my views,so I guess it’s Lib Dem’s for me.

The only positive that I can see is that JC will have to step down and allow Keir Starmer to take the leadership.

I really do believe that Brexit should have been settled separately before a General Election and I fear what excesses Boris will inflict on us if he does get a working majority .

Ime expecting a big win for the tories, i have been labour all my life but, corbyns policies will bankrupt this country, he as the same policies as the far left labour of the 50s and 60s they dont work. you can not give a £1 when you have onley 50p, but having said that bojo is promising the earth aswell.

As I said on the Brexit thread, a lot will depend on whether Farage decides to contest the election and split the Leave vote.

If he backs off and does a deal with Bozo and Cummings, the election will be close run. If he runs and splits the Brexit vote, we will most likely see a coalition of LabourSNP/Lib Dems/Greens where Corbyn will have to promise Nicola Sturgeon another independence referendum and Jo Swinson a second EU referendum.

Labour have messed up big time by clinging on to Brexit. They will never ‘out-Brexit’ the Tories, UKIP and Farage. If Corbyn had resigned in September and the party had run as a full on remain party with a new leader, then they would most likely have a 10 point lead in the polls going into this election.

I'm voting for the Monster Raving Looney Party, Oh hang on, their already in power.

18 minutes ago, kidley said:

as the same policies as the far left labour of the 50s and 60s

1950s Labour, Hugh Gaitskell and Clement Attlee. 1960s Labour, Harold Wilson.

Far left? Really?

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

1950s Labour, Hugh Gaitskell and Clement Attlee. 1960s Labour, Harold Wilson.

Far left? Really?

C&P took 2 secs to find

Wilson was adopted as the left-wing candidate for the leadership, defeating Brown and James Callaghan to become the Leader of the Labour Party and the Leader of the Opposition. ... This speech did much to set Wilson's reputation as a technocrat not tied to the prevailing class system

3 minutes ago, kidley said:

C&P took 2 secs to find

Wilson was adopted as the left-wing candidate for the leadership, defeating Brown and James Callaghan to become the Leader of the Labour Party and the Leader of the Opposition. ... This speech did much to set Wilson's reputation as a technocrat not tied to the prevailing class system

So you agree then, that 1950s and ‘60s Labour was anything but far left?

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

So you agree then, that 1950s and ‘60s Labour was anything but far left?

how do you come to that conclusion?

Plenty of seats will change hands alright, however there are only two realistic options here, Tory Brexit and Lib Dem Remain, the fence sitting, ain't got a clue half wit party have nothing to offer in this one, big Labour losses in working class areas is all that Corbyn deserves !

5 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Plenty of seats will change hands alright, however there are only two realistic options here, Tory Brexit and Lib Dem Remain, the fence sitting, ain't got a clue half wit party have nothing to offer in this one, big Labour losses in working class areas is all that Corbyn deserves !

Labour win in your neck of the woods then?