January 2020 Bus Service Changes

1 hour ago, Retro Queen said:

Back to the topic of the unreliability of First - one evening this week there were two 98 buses missing in a row at peak time - one hour without a bus. Everyone at the bus stop was fuming. If they have to be every half hour then surely they should turn up on time! No one wants to stand for an hour at a bus stop, especially in this cold weather.

I haven't forgotten this @Retro Queen - just had nothing to report as yet, but it is still front & centre on my radar.I can only suggest in the interim that all those affected flood the PTE with complaints - sadly contacting First in Leeds will get you nowhere, they are just not interested, as I have discovered.

I'm away until early January, but will be having words with Olive Grove on my return.

Guest busdriver1
On 21/12/2019 at 00:25, Annie Bynnol said:

Things are also not going to get better. The continuing reduction in the number of  Senior bus passes being issued will mean fewer journeys being taken.

Since concessions are normally carried at  a loss that should not make much difference, in fact services could be more profitable but there are more and more mobility passes waiting to fill the void. 

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

I haven't forgotten this @Retro Queen - just had nothing to report as yet, but it is still front & centre on my radar.I can only suggest in the interim that all those affected flood the PTE with complaints - sadly contacting First in Leeds will get you nowhere, they are just not interested, as I have discovered.

I'm away until early January, but will be having words with Olive Grove on my return.

Thank you for this. I have complained to First via their website but so far have had one reply to apologise but nothing gets done as you say. How do I contact PTE?

7 hours ago, Retro Queen said:

Thank you for this. I have complained to First via their website but so far have had one reply to apologise but nothing gets done as you say. How do I contact PTE?

Give them a ring on 01709 515151.

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Since concessions are normally carried at  a loss that should not make much difference, in fact services could be more profitable but there are more and more mobility passes waiting to fill the void. 

It doesn't help that fraud seems to be on the rise. Witnessed it a few times on buses, yesterday being the most recent. 

Woman boarded at Saville St, tried to use a student ticket on app and was asked show her student ID, which was, if I overheard correctly, over a year out of date. Driver correctly refused her travel unless she paid for a valid ticket. 

I spoke with the driver later and was told drivers report it daily but nothing gets done and it's frequently in "certain areas of the city" although this was not expanded on. 

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Resident said:

It doesn't help that fraud seems to be on the rise. Witnessed it a few times on buses, yesterday being the most recent. 

Woman boarded at Saville St, tried to use a student ticket on app and was asked show her student ID, which was, if I overheard correctly, over a year out of date. Driver correctly refused her travel unless she paid for a valid ticket. 

I spoke with the driver later and was told drivers report it daily but nothing gets done and it's frequently in "certain areas of the city" although this was not expanded on. 

In my experience it is rife all over the city, but, since revenue protection is now a low priority will remain so. 

TBH they have bigger problems at the moment, say no more.

8 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Give them a ring on 01709 515151.

Thanks, this is the travel line number isn't it? Do they deal with complaints too?

5 minutes ago, Retro Queen said:

Thanks, this is the travel line number isn't it? Do they deal with complaints too?

They are supposed to take the complaint and pass it on.

On 22/12/2019 at 19:40, Retro Queen said:

Back to the topic of the unreliability of First - one evening this week there were two 98 buses missing in a row at peak time - one hour without a bus. Everyone at the bus stop was fuming. If they have to be every half hour then surely they should turn up on time! No one wants to stand for an hour at a bus stop, especially in this cold weather.

Try the hourly 135, regularly missing so a 2 hour wait. Most people get another bus and walk take an up to 40 min walk or share taxis. Prediction is this route will go due to underuse!

7 hours ago, catmiss said:

Try the hourly 135, regularly missing so a 2 hour wait. Most people get another bus and walk take an up to 40 min walk or share taxis. Prediction is this route will go due to underuse!

Ah, the lesser-spotted 135... What a shambolic "service" we've been lumbered with. The age-old ploy in action: run down the service, complain that not enough people use it, then scrap it.

17 hours ago, Groose said:

They are supposed to take the complaint and pass it on.

They're also supposed to give out the right information and print timetables correctly. 

When the 95 changed route they printed that it stopped opposite Westfield Health on Charter Row. 

The issue with that being that the stop in question is 50yrd AFTER the route turns off Charter Row and up Rockingham St. 

I have to imagine that many complaints taken by TSY probably don't make it to operators. 

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Resident said:

I have to imagine that many complaints taken by TSY probably don't make it to operators. 

I suspect you are right. From my experience, a complaint to an operator is more likely to get results, more so if there are enough of them. 

Persevere is the word.

Edited by busdriver1