Ads In Threads

I have looked at two threads and there are ads in them.  Is this now the new thing for SF?

Is this a new thing or a technical glitch? 

It is making some threads unreadable. 😡

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Is this a new thing or a technical glitch? 

It is making some threads unreadable. 😡

Agreed TCH

It's awful and I don't think I'll stick around if this is the new norm.  I've always said SF is addictive but this may give me the push to get rid of my addiction.

Just now, jane2008 said:

Agreed TCH

It's awful and I don't think I'll stick around if this is the new norm.  I've always said SF is addictive but this may give me the push to get rid of my addiction.

That’s funny because I’ve just thought the same thing.

If posters start to think that they are just ad fodder for the site, they will disappear in droves.

I do click on ads now and again but these have appeared in middle of conversations and stopping the continuity.  Ads are what sustains the forum but for me this is a step too far 

You will find the mod team cannot do anything about this. It has been raised with the forum owner for more information. We haven't been advised if this is a new perma thing or not.

A post has been removed for taking pot shots at the mod team. As we've said many times before, If you have an issue with moderation you can take it to the helpdesk.

I don’t really mind the ads now, bit strange at first, wasn’t there ads before popping up at the side? I’ve only got an iPad so I just scroll past them, unless it’s one that catches my attention.

The forum is free to use, so if using ads helps to fund it, although I have no idea on this, I can live with it.

Hi,

Thanks for making us aware of this issue, it's not something we had wanted to do. It seems that 'auto ad placement' had been enabled on our account, we've turned this off now so hopefully the ads should only show where they were before.

Feel free to open a new thread or contact us if you have any further issues (please allow 24-48 hours for the changes to come in to effect).