Rugby World Cup

Great stuff from England against NZ, especially as we were considered underdogs by many.

Will we meet Wales in the final or the Springboks? I say Wales, anybody agree or think the other guys might be the opposition?

Do you think England’s performance could spur wales on to win. ,would be great for England -wales final 

8 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Do you think England’s performance could spur wales on to win. ,would be great for England -wales final 

Tough loss for Wales, they fought their hearts out but lost to a penalty late in the game. So England now have to be underdogs again against the Springboks next Saturday. If they play like they did against the All Blacks, ,they will pull it off imo.

The final against South Africa will be a different challenge to that faced against the All Blacks.  South Africa are a very physical team and probably match England in their approach and tactics.  I don't envisage a free flowing high scoring game - it will be a battle of attrition and will probably be won by a small margin.  I just hope that small margin goes in England's favour.

19 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Tough loss for Wales, they fought their hearts out but lost to a penalty late in the game. So England now have to be underdogs again against the Springboks next Saturday. If they play like they did against the All Blacks, ,they will pull it off imo.

Lol, rugby must be a funny sport if the favourites are the underdogs.  :)

45 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lol, rugby must be a funny sport if the favourites are the underdogs.  :)

Sorry Jim, I just assumed they would be the underdogs because of their record in head to head games, eg lost 3 of 4 in this competion and 25 of 40 overall. I don't have access to bookies like you guys in this backward country, lol. not that I was really looking. 😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

5 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Sorry Jim, I just assumed they would be the underdogs because of their record in head to head games, eg lost 3 of 4 in this competion and 25 of 40 overall. I don't have access to bookies like you guys in this backward country, lol. not that I was really looking. 😉

Yeah, just kidding. I'd rather England were the underdogs and in reality they might be. As we know, bookies' odds only respond to the market and it could be a sign of the nation getting carried away. It wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by Jim Hardie

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Yeah, just kidding. I'd rather England were the underdogs and in reality they might be. As we know, bookies' odds only respond to the market and it could be a sign of the nation getting carried away. It wouldn't be the first time.

Lol  yeah, the Springboks are probably hot favourites in Cape Town.

Oh dear. England have lost 32-12 against the Springboks.

" Horses for courses", despite England being odds on favourites they have a very poor record against these guys in this is competition and lifetime.

Edited by Ontarian1981

22 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

" Horses for courses", despite England being odds on favourites they have a very poor record against these guys in this is competition and lifetime.

I agree. They weren’t in the same league were they ? Anyway I got to view some very nice thighs and bums !