Triangle Estate Pictures

Hi please has anyone got any old photographs of the triangle estate when it was been built

also can anyone tell me what was there before the houses was built, was told it used to be a massive garden centre, but unsure if true ,can’t find any info on the net thank you

Hope these are of some interest from "Britain From Above" web site showing images from 1933 of the Triangle estate under construction

https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EPW041463

If you scroll below the map there are links to further aerial photos of the estate under construction.

I was told that originally it used to be a golf course or a dump for 'slag'  from one of the steel works, perhaps others could clarify

Edited by Phili Buster

3 hours ago, jacklev1 said:

Hi please has anyone got any old photographs of the triangle estate when it was been built

also can anyone tell me what was there before the houses was built, was told it used to be a massive garden centre, but unsure if true ,can’t find any info on the net thank you

this is a bit further back that request, but good to be able to look around the place: (both links set to 1900 ish)

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=16&lat=53.3816&lon=-1.3970&layers=168&right=BingHyb

same site, but I prefer to use this with the slider, but not sure if you on phone or computer:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=16&lat=53.3815&lon=-1.3956&layers=168&b=3

Edited by *_ash_*

Sorry, I don't have any photos, but was born in Chestnut Ave, spent a lot of time, 1940-46 with grandparents on Maple Grove - father serving in India, mother a nurse - shift work, Halesworth Road 1946 - 55, March Hill 1955-66. Now in Berkshire.

I did not live on the Triangle Estate, nearest location for me was the White Rose

But I remember a guy and his wife who lived on the Triangle and both worked at Steaddfast Tools Ltd on Manor Lane, end of Cricket Inn Road - I worked there 1959 to Feb 1963

The guy was older than myself, did not have a driving license and about 20 years older than myself. I am now 79 so he and his wife are probably dead now, unless he is Peter Pan. hey had a son but no idea of his name

The people were called Lawrence (known as Tober, or Tauber at work) Jepson and he was foreman in the grinding department. His wife worked in the wages office. I think he was quite a cricket fan, but not sure if, or where, he ever played the game

Wonder if anyone on this thread knew them

Best Regards - Victor, Subang Jaya, State of Selangor D.E., Malaysia

The Groobeys lived at number 1 Larch Hill, they had a son, Gordon (Dennis to his family). They bought the house new and lived there until the late 70's.