Stefanski - Polish Family

Hi everyone,
I am looking for any information about my family roots.
My grandmother's (Bronislawa) brother served in the army and settled in Sheffield after the war.

I don't have much information.
I know his name: Piotr (Peter) Stefanski and his wife Krystyna Stefanska.
I found adress and number (http://www.phoneebook.co.uk/person.aspx?p=13572012&n=Stefanski%20Peter%20Krystyna) but phone number doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks to people from the Sheffield Indexers forum Ive got his death registration:
Name: Piotr Stefanski
Death Age: 83
Birth Date: 12 Apr 1919
Registration Date: May 2002
Registration district: Sheffield
and that Piotr became a nautralised citizen in 1975.

I will be very greatful for any info and if there is somebody who is living from my family for contact.

Lukas

Don’t know if this is any help, but I remember a Stefanski family who lived on Roxton Rd off Abbey Lane in the 80s.

I think they had 2 sons, one of whom was called Gareth who would now be around 40.

I remember the Stefanskis,I lived near them in York Road,Darnall in the 1960's.

They had 4 children,Vanda (that was a nickname,don't remember her real name) ,Barbara,Diane and Richard.

Sorry I can't remember where they went when they left.

Hi Lukas...if Piotr had children I might be able to help....could I ask if Krystyna's family name was Matuszewska?

Would Piotr's  daughter ( if he had any)  be called Stefanska or

Stefanski?

Edited by sadbrewer

Unfortunately don't know Krystyna's family name, but I ask my mother (Piotr was her uncle) and she said that Krystyna and Piort got 3 kids ( 2 daughter nad one son. Probably Bożena Stefanski, Danuta Stefanski and Richard Stefanski, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Lukas PL said:

Unfortunately don't know Krystyna's family name, but I ask my mother (Piotr was her uncle) and she said that Krystyna and Piort got 3 kids ( 2 daughter nad one son. Probably Bożena Stefanski, Danuta Stefanski and Richard Stefanski, but I'm not sure.

Just looking at the G.R.O. births index, children born with the surname Stefanski and the mother's maiden name given in the feminine form Matuszewska (as sadbrewer noted) are Bozena W. Stefanski born in the  St Neots district in 1947, Danuta Stefanski born in Sheffield in 1951 and Richard Stefanski born in Sheffield in 1953. There is also a Barbara Stefanski born in Sheffield in 1949 with the mother's maiden name given as Matuszewski. 

Edited by hillsbro

I think it’s possible that Richard was the Stefanski that lived on Roxton Rd as I said earlier. That would be about the right age . Think his wife was Marie ? They had 2 sons Daniel and Gareth .

Hi Dreb - Daniel and Gareth Stefanski, born in Sheffield in 1976 and 1978 respectively, were evidently the sons of Richard R. Stefanski and Marie Bramhall who were married in Sheffield in 1975. Richard Stefanski's 1953 birth entry does not give a middle initial but I think it could still be the same person.

Hi Lucas.

I too am tracing my family history. My great aunt Edith Stodola, née Ellis married Piotr Stodola in 1959 in Sheffield. 

The information I have about him is scant, but I believe he was born in Poland in 1912 and died in Sheffield in 1998. I can only assume he came over from Poland to help with the war effort. 

If anyone on here recognises the name, I would be truly grateful for any information. 

6 hours ago, Lukas PL said:

Hi Lukas

There seems to be two Stefanski's who came to Sheffield around the same time.

One was Piotr, the other was called Tadeusz....is Tadeusz also related to you?

Edited by sadbrewer

Richard Stefanski went to St Paul's school on Granville Road in the 60's, he would have left in 1969.  I remember him working in one of the men's fashion shops on Chapel Walk, possibly Harry Fenton's.

Hi Lucas.  I was brought up with the Stafanski family. My mum was one of her best friends. We spent many hours at each other houses and polish club on Ecclesall road.  They were 3 girls and Richard who was the youngest. Bozena. Barbara and Danuta.  Sorry to say that Danuta passed away years ago in Canada.  Mum is still alive was 96 yrs last week.  We do not keep in touch now all I can tell you that Bozena lives in Kent. Barbara lives in Newcastle. Hope this is some help.