What Products Have You Seen That Have Been Reduced In Size And Weight?

Has anyone else noticed the reduction in sizes of products.

I did some shopping the other day and got some brown sauce from Asda, I noticed that the bottle has changed shape and when I looked at the one at home they have reduced the weight in the new bottle. I also noticed that toothpaste is being sold in smaller tubes, I usually get Colgate from the pound shops and I noticed yesterday that some of them are down to 75ml where as they were 100ml. I thought they might have just reduced the size for the pound shop but they are the same size in Asda.

41 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Has anyone else noticed the reduction in sizes of products.

I did some shopping the other day and got some brown sauce from Asda, I noticed that the bottle has changed shape and when I looked at the one at home they have reduced the weight in the new bottle. I also noticed that toothpaste is being sold in smaller tubes, I usually get Colgate from the pound shops and I noticed yesterday that some of them are down to 75ml where as they were 100ml. I thought they might have just reduced the size for the pound shop but they are the same size in Asda.

Certainly have Ian, been going on for some time now.. I shop around and always check the sizes, weights, and price of everything.

They still keep catching me out though, the crafty gits... last week at Home Bargains Green Giant sweetcorn 2 for a pound 140g.

Went to ASDA same item 2 for a pound 165g. GRRR.

Them mini chedders, there used to be 10 packets in the multi bag for £1. They have gone down to 7 packets.

It`s not just food items. Wilko brand kitchen rolls are much smaller. The paper on their toilet rolls is a lot thinner now. At least with food items the reduced weight is marked on the packet. I don`t think that is always the case with things like toilet rolls. But, what is the alternative-price hikes.

3 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Yes 25g packs, did you see Walkers have a £9m deal with Mariah Carey for their Christmas adverts?

That is a lot for a crisp manufacturer. I remember that presenter ( ex footballer) doing their adverts.

Edited by Janus

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

I usually get Colgate from the pound shops and I noticed yesterday that some of them are down to 75ml where as they were 100ml. I

Ian

I use the cheap end of the Colgate range, Colgate cavity protection. 95p in Wilkos,     and 80p in Rotherham Tesco extra ! I cannot tell the difference between the expensive ones and the rest. Most of them contain floor cleaner-sodium lauryl sulphate.

Edited by Janus