Your Doc And Sleeping Tablets.

10 hours ago, Janus said:

Yes that is right. I wasn't impressed at all. In fact I was quite annoyed.

I am surprised you had that sort of treatment for arthritis. Did the docs not believe you?  How did you end up going in that direction?

I bought the CBD oil myself, and still take prescription drugs from my GP for arthritis. However, I gave the CBD oil a good try, but it made no difference to my condition.

Trish are we talking about the same thing?

When I mentioned the alternative therapy I was referring to CBT cognitive behaviour therapy.  That is why I mentioned my surprise when you explained that it had not worked for your arthritis. Top cat hat says it is used for physical pain too.

Edited by Janus

1 hour ago, Janus said:

Top cat hat says it is used for physical pain too.

It is not actually used as pain relief in itself, but as a coping method for the psychological effects of constant severe pain.

10 hours ago, Janus said:

Trish are we talking about the same thing?

When I mentioned the alternative therapy I was referring to CBT cognitive behaviour therapy.  That is why I mentioned my surprise when you explained that it had not worked for your arthritis. Top cat hat says it is used for physical pain too.

Sorry I understand what you mean now.

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is not actually used as pain relief in itself, but as a coping method for the psychological effects of constant severe pain.

Of course.

Edited by pattricia

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This is not an easy one to get the head around inititially. It is certainly  an interesting concept, and a valuable one if it can be mastered.

Methods of distraction are what comes to mind. I would guess it is maybe along those lines.

I understand that is  when breathing stops & starts during sleep?

As  I sleep alone there is no human evidence  of what actually goes on while I am in bed.

However, the state of the duvet & wool blanket is quite a good indicator. Sometimes they are quite neat on the bed. Invariably I have  been fighting with a  tiger.

I got some meds  from the doc yesterday (not sleepers), and slept from about 11pm to 8.30am on 1/2 a tab which is very good, but I had been up from 6am that day. Will see what happens tonight.

You could try using a Fitbit or other 24 hour monitoring device. This will give you an indication of your sleep pattern, such as how much deep sleep, how much REM and how much light sleep.It won't solve your sleep problems but will give you a better indication of how much and of what quality sleep you are getting.

When I worked shifts and had trouble adjusting the body clock I tried Nytol and they were great - used to sleep like a log and they're available over the counter.

On 26/10/2019 at 12:19, Janus said:

As  I sleep alone there is no human evidence  of what actually goes on while I am in bed.

I believe there are smart phone apps which monitor your sleep patterns but I’m not sure how they work or how effective they are.