Coffee Machines

So yesterday I went for a walk round Meadowhall (like you do), and I came across a shop selling kitchen utensils and stuff, go on then I thought I'll have a look round.

Just browsing when a spotted a coffee making machine,  £999-99p that's less than £1000 :huh: Anyway it got me thinking, why doe's anybody want to pay all that money for a cup of coffee..

I get up in the morning, boil the kettle, spoonful of Nescafe, add milk and Hey Presto lovely cup of coffee.. what on earth do they do, Italian espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Irish, Americano. At the end of the day it's a chuffin cup of coffee...

Is it a class thing, status symbol or something.. You know, look what Iv'e got, knowing full well the likes of me can't afford one.

Anyway just wondered if anyone has got one, are they worth it ? doe's the coffee taste any different 

? Thanks.

It’s all personal taste you may hate a certain beer that I may love and vice versa personally I’m after a bean to cup machine around £300 and it should make excellent coffee,you’re spoonful of Nescafé is saving you a fortune,please don’t boil water for coffee though 😀

Edited by *Wallace*

1 hour ago, Padders said:

So yesterday I went for a walk round Meadowhall (like you do), and I came across a shop selling kitchen utensils and stuff, go on then I thought I'll have a look round.

Just browsing when a spotted a coffee making machine,  £999-99p that's less than £1000 :huh: Anyway it got me thinking, why doe's anybody want to pay all that money for a cup of coffee..

I get up in the morning, boil the kettle, spoonful of Nescafe, add milk and Hey Presto lovely cup of coffee.. what on earth do they do, Italian espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Irish, Americano. At the end of the day it's a chuffin cup of coffee...

Is it a class thing, status symbol or something.. You know, look what Iv'e got, knowing full well the likes of me can't afford one.

Anyway just wondered if anyone has got one, are they worth it ? doe's the coffee taste any different 

? Thanks.

At that price was it some kind of industrial unit for a Restaurant or similar. Made to last when making large volumes over a long period of time.

Angel1.

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

It’s all personal taste you may hate a certain beer that I may love and vice versa personally I’m after a bean to cup machine around £300 and it should make excellent coffee,you’re spoonful of Nescafé is saving you a fortune,please don’t boil water for coffee though 😀

You buy beer in a can/bottle from the supermarket, or pay double in the pub.. you don't spend a grand making it.

I like my coffee red hot, think Iv'e got an asbestos mouth.

Made a cup this morning 2mins-70secs. Wonder how long it takes with these space age coffee makers.

I know that’s why I’m looking for one another a quarter of that price.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

At that price was it some kind of industrial unit for a Restaurant or similar. Made to last when making large volumes over a long period of time.

Angel1.

Don't think so Angel, can't remember the name of the shop, but it was just an ordinary shop selling kitchen items and gadgets.. I pointed out to a lady standing close by, Look at that a £1000 quid for a coffee maker, she said Iv'e got one what cost me £75. suppose that's acceptable.

Coffee seems to be very fashionable now days. Not only have we hundreds of Starbucks/Costas, now with drive through independent coffee shops are popping up on every corner claiming to have the most ethically sourced organic smoothest coffee in the world. Some coffee snobs will pay that price. 

2 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Coffee seems to be very fashionable now days. Not only have we hundreds of Starbucks/Costas, now with drive through independent coffee shops are popping up on every corner claiming to have the most ethically sourced organic smoothest coffee in the world. Some coffee snobs will pay that price. 

Just what Iv'e been thinking Tommo, it's just snobbery. give it a fancy name and people will buy it..

Padders Bulgarian coffee, £4 a cup.. (Psst it's Nescafe)

11 hours ago, Padders said:

Just what Iv'e been thinking Tommo, it's just snobbery. give it a fancy name and people will buy it..

Padders Bulgarian coffee, £4 a cup.. (Psst it's Nescafe)

Looking at the thread title, I was thinking you were going to go on about Scottish coffee, not Bulgarian.:hihi:

The one we've bought over here in France cost us less than 20 euro and makes the best cup of coffee we've tasted outside of Italy.

20 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

please don’t boil water for coffee though 

Do you mean don't add the coffee to boiling water until it has cool a little? Or did you mean something else?

Yes boiling water is supposed to scorch the coffee and make it bitter.