Very Slow Sky Broadband For The Last Few Days?

I keep my laptop clean often and haven't downloaded or clicked on anything suspicious, nor added new programs etc, yet one morning last week I switched my laptop on, only to encounter a very slow 1mbs speed (I'm in Bournemouth)?

I'm not the account holder, so can't contact Sky. I also have tried switching the router and laptop itself off/on, deleting old programs as well as running Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Someone did say that Sky is playing up here right now, and the websites seem to suggest nationwide anger at Sky's service, but I'm out of options tech-wise at the moment?

Did you have the router and laptop off for a decent length of time? 

Have you plugged the laptop into the router with a network cable and run a speed test?

Yes to the former, no to the latter

My laptop was fine on my gf's wifi?

Edited by Electerrific

On 22/10/2019 at 19:07, Electerrific said:

I keep my laptop clean often and haven't downloaded or clicked on anything suspicious, nor added new programs etc, yet one morning last week I switched my laptop on, only to encounter a very slow 1mbs speed (I'm in Bournemouth)?

I'm not the account holder, so can't contact Sky. I also have tried switching the router and laptop itself off/on, deleting old programs as well as running Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Someone did say that Sky is playing up here right now, and the websites seem to suggest nationwide anger at Sky's service, but I'm out of options tech-wise at the moment?

Simply, if there's reports of issues in the area, wait a few hours (i'd generally say up to 48 hours, depending on the fault) before trying anything else....

I phoned sky and they confirmed that there aren't any issues in the area?

Still very slow internet? Think I'll get the landlady to change her router.

Hold the on  of button on router in for 10 secs it will re -programme router after a few mins

Got a sky router for sale if intrested 10 pounds

Edited by spider1