Catweazle's Back - Talking Pictures (C81)

Channel 81, Talking Pictures, is repeating Catweazle this weekend.  Must get some of the grandkids to watch. 

Wonder if it's stood the test of time? 

Just looked at C81, Talking Pictures from now until next Wednesday, no sign of Catweasel, but at least there was a new documentary about Lindsey Anderson (O lucky Man, If) and some Robin's Nest for old times sake.

7 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Wasn't he a wrestler?

There was a wrestler called Catweazle his real name was Gary Cooper and  just adopted the name from the TV show.

1 hour ago, Norbert said:

Just looked at C81, Talking Pictures from now until next Wednesday, no sign of Catweasel, but at least there was a new documentary about Lindsey Anderson (O lucky Man, If) and some Robin's Nest for old times sake.

Catweazle begins on Talking Pictures TV on Saturday 2nd of November at 3:30pm & continues Saturdays & Sundays at the same time.

Read more: http://catweazle.boards.net/thread/261/catweazle-repeated#ixzz63AgIE2ce

Edited by iansheff

Looking forward to this, I did watch it first time round but can't remember much.   TPTV is a fantastic channel 🙂

1 hour ago, SkyeEdge said:

Looking forward to this, I did watch it first time round but can't remember much.   TPTV is a fantastic channel 🙂

There's some great programme on there, I don't recall from the first time round.  Possibly never shown in the Yorkshire TV area.  I like British detective series 'Gideon's Way',  starring Jonh Gregson. 

It was on last night & TPTV always put a warning / disclaimer out beforehand stating some of the language, attitudes & view reflect the views of the time, late 1950's / early 1960's - fair enough, times have changed but really makes me laugh is the warning about violence. 

Are we considered more sensitive now than back in 1950's / 60's?  I don't think so but I suppose there's always someone ready to complain. 

Edited by Baron99

Sadly TPTV got hauled before OFCOM because of a single complaint so to cover themselves they have to put out these warnings, better safe than sorry but what a sad state of affairs!!

As a youngster I enjoyed watching Catweazle. Robin's Nest wasn't a great comedy but the Irish waiter/pot washer delivered some good one liners. It also had the lovely Tessa Wyatt who was married to Tony Blackburn.