Swfc V Stoke

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not going to go down as a classic but a win by any means is always welcome. Need to start performing better though if we are to stay in the top 6. Leeds will be a tough game

They need to improve on that performance against Stoke, otherwise I think they will lose on Saturday. They have to start finding the goals if they are going to stay in the top places. Also they have to be more careful with the back passing, a couple of times they nearly gave it away at the back. I know a win is a win whether 1 - 0 or 4 - 0 but when it is 1 - 0 there is always the chance the other team will grab an equaliser and end up with 1 point instead of 3.

56 minutes ago, iansheff said:

They need to improve on that performance against Stoke, otherwise I think they will lose on Saturday. They have to start finding the goals if they are going to stay in the top places. Also they have to be more careful with the back passing, a couple of times they nearly gave it away at the back. I know a win is a win whether 1 - 0 or 4 - 0 but when it is 1 - 0 there is always the chance the other team will grab an equaliser and end up with 1 point instead of 3.

Certainly. No good getting 1 goal and sitting on it. We do look solid at the back but anything can happen with such a small lead and draws can be as good as a defeat when pushing for promotion. 

I'm not confident we'll get much from Leeds

Not just players, managers aswell. Warnock loves the stick he gets when he visits Hillsborough, I doubt he'd want it to change

On 23/10/2019 at 08:06, redbig said:

Weren't Barnsley joint top when we beat them (after 1 game) ? Reading were above us (in alphabetical order).....

LOL

League positions don't mean much this early in the season.  We could beat someone that were relegation fodder last season but suddenly challenge this season so no point in all this not beating anyone in top half

If it doesn't prove anything beating bottom half teams, we may as well put the reserves out. Keep everyone fresh for the games against the big boys. If we lose against Leeds tomorrow I'll be furious that Bannan, Iorfa, Borner, Fletcher and Harris started against Stoke