What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

It's a sad state of affairs when I end up putting it on series record as there's very little else on tele these days worth watching.  I thought it was more like Eldorado myself, but then I'm one of the few that liked that program!  Overall, it fulfills a few needs:

• vehicle to get out of work actors back on our screens 
  • good scenery as set abroad
  • main character female
  • females shown in atypical jobs (eg female mechanic)
  • gay characters 
  • gay storylines

Yes, all PC boxes ticked - start casting the second series!

On 15/11/2021 at 11:37, Rockers rule said:

Angela Black.

Nice twist to end with, but again so full of inconsistencies the writers should hang their heads in shame.

Must be the poorest thought out (Prolonged) TV mini drama this year.

Brief synopsis.

Main character falls victim to the well worn storyline of ' two people meet & decide to rid them selves of each others partner (/business).

The colander of plots are embarrassingly unbelievable throughout.

Having to wait from one week to another was a bind.

Now available on 'Watch and Rant' ITV hub.

Go on -

Fully recommended if you (like me) enjoy shouting at the Telly :rant::bigsmile:.

Keep safe 8).

&

Binge responsibly :thumbsup:

I can’t make my mind up if I enjoyed the last episode.  Angela got her revenge as I expected her to.  I’m pleased it’s finished.  It didn’t leave me wishing there was more episodes as some programmes do.

8 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I can’t make my mind up if I enjoyed the last episode.  Angela got her revenge as I expected her to.  I’m pleased it’s finished.  It didn’t leave me wishing there was more episodes as some programmes do.

Agree, the twist was a good un, but.

Yep there has to be a but!

Would she really have teamed up with Ed?

He'd no need to team up with her, he'd had the payout for the garage and had the car showroom rebuilt.

Poor rebuild, the door Angela smashed (with the conveniently placed iron bar) was single glazed (instant insurance get out).

The whole caravan scene was just unbelievable.

Site keeper knows Angela's situation yet when her husband pays him a visit he doesn't go out of his way to tell her when she returns 

Kids are fighting in't caravan, she Burns her hand on the stove, leaves them (still fighting) with the pan still boiling away on the stove to find cold water to ease her burnt hand.

By-pass's not only her nearest neighbour, but others as well, who might have water to make the trek to the toilet block t'other side of the field.

Well bugger me! Hubby's been and took the kids by the time she comes back.

The only true to real life part of the series is the total lack of action by the police to this lady's plight :suspect: :huh::confused::hihi:

2nd series - I hope not - but it sure looks like it 🥴.

Keep safe 8)

Watched "surgeons, the edge of life"

Makes me go all funny and queezy.

Thank goodness for Naked Attraction, brought me back to normality.

Mega binge yesterday.

6 episodes  of Irvine Welsh's 'Crime'. (Brit box)

Full review after I've done my Grand bairn sitting duties on 'box set & binge viewing thread when back.

Keep safe 8)

Who wants to be a millionaire,well done Harry Redknapp for contributing a tenth of your fee for being wrong.

Ed Balls did an excellent programme on BBC2 on the crisis in the care industry. Carers are hopelessly underpaid, undervalued and overworked. 

Edited by pattricia

16 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Who wants to be a millionaire,well done Harry Redknapp for contributing a tenth of your fee for being wrong.

Didn't he say he'd never watched Millionaire - only watched 'sport' on TV :huh:.

Craig Charles lost £15,000 for his charity but obviously didn't feel guilty enough to be putting his hand in his own pocket :suspect:.

I couldn't have been the only one shouting KITEMARK at the TV with Sam Quek's British Standards question & CHINOOK for the final question, but good to her, she did manage (somehow) to take £16,000 for her charity :thumbsup: - well done.

Should have me for a phone a fiend :suspect:.

Weakest link 'Hairdressers special' had to be the funniest general (lack of) knowledge show ever filmed. 

Can only find a short clip. 

Enjoy 8).

Weakest Link Hair Dresser Special - YouTube

18 hours ago, ukdobby said:

What about the question on stainless steel ?  He was asked if he knew anyone from Sheffield.

'The Big Match..Revisited' - ITV4.

Football from the golden age (70s - early 80s).

Things you don't hear at grounds any more: "Brighton aggro! Brighton aggro! - 'ello... 'ello...."

Things you don't see at matches any more:

scarves tied around wrists.

toilet rolls lobbed on the pitch

mixed supporters

rattles

pitches like swamps