What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

The Crown,   it's really good,   I've never been a big fan of the Royals but to be fair a lot of near to the bone truths have emerged  it's  a wonder its been allowed to air,  I'm not really sure about how the land lies on the legalities ,  could the Queen have put a block on this show going out,  I pose this question to the Mods because they are more in tune with privacy laws ect,  there really are some cats let out of the bag.

8 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

The Crown,   it's really good,   I've never been a big fan of the Royals but to be fair a lot of near to the bone truths have emerged  it's  a wonder its been allowed to air,  I'm not really sure about how the land lies on the legalities ,  could the Queen have put a block on this show going out,  I pose this question to the Mods because they are more in tune with privacy laws ect,  there really are some cats let out of the bag.

I think all they need to do is emphasise that it’s a drama. I haven’t seen any of this present series but I saw a clip on Goggle Box and I can’t  believe they were quite as snotty to Diana as was shown on that.

Just watching ER at the moment,  an Aparment building has collasped and people are being rushed in one after another and  there are doctors and nursing staff flying about and around like busy bees all speaking  to each other whikst performing the duties, some people speaking at the same time, the point I'm trying to get to is,  it's unbelievable that all this is all scripted, the pace is that fast, how can this possibly be rehearsed,  it looks live,  obviously aim achieved, brilliant,  it really shows what amount of pressure Doctors,Nurses, medical staff  are under in  the real world like Emergecies like Grenfall, Train crashes, Motorway pile ups ect,   we owe everything  to  our everyday unsung Heroes.

The Vow. Documentary series about the rise and fall of weirdo self help group/sex cult NXIVM (pronounced nexium - not to be confused with the antacid tablets). Very interesting but depressingly predictable as well.

'Great British Island Escapes' with actress Alison Steadman, touring the Channel Islands on 'More 4'.

At this moment: 'The Art Mysteries with Waldemar Januszczac'. One of my favourite subjects, presented by the down-to-earth art critic, Januszczac. BBC Four.

Last night I watched Coronation St 60 unforgettable years,   My God!  When you compare the old against todays efforts what a difference,  it was like watching real life on screen back then but  today there is no hiding the fact that they are actors acting,  there is no realism,  the trouble is these days I see the cast on game shows ect that much,  when it comes to seeing them in character playing their parts I find it hard to appcept the characters they are playing,   ie,  when you saw Ena Sharples you just saw Ena Sharples not Violet Carson so the character was more appceptable and couldn't relate her to being anybody else.  On saying this, if  Im a Celeb had been around back in the day and  she had had gone on it, it would have been the best show ever, Oh My! She would have rattled some cages.  :hihi:

56 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Last night I watched Coronation St 60 unforgettable years,   My God!  When you compare the old against todays efforts what a difference,  it was like watching real life on screen back then but  today there is no hiding the fact that they are actors acting,  there is no realism,  the trouble is these days I see the cast on game shows ect that much,  when it comes to seeing them in character playing their parts I find it hard to appcept the characters they are playing,   ie,  when you saw Ena Sharples you just saw Ena Sharples not Violet Carson so the character was more appceptable and couldn't relate her to being anybody else.  On saying this, if  Im a Celeb had been around back in the day and  she had had gone on it, it would have been the best show ever, Oh My! She would have rattled some cages.  :hihi:

Absolutely agree with you ! Violet Carson was the only reason I watched it all those years ago ! She was Ena Sharples. As soon as she left I stopped watching it. Today you can almost hear the writers saying to each other “ We must have a house fire soon : We must have a car crash soon: We must have a divorce soon : We must have a lesbian relationship soon.We must have a gay partnership soon. And so on ......

58 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I'm addicted to classic Coronation St on channel 10   2-50pm --3-50pm.

25yrs ago, laugh a minute, bring back Jack and Vera,  and my favourite character Alec Gilroy  :hihi:

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Absolutely agree with you ! Violet Carson was the only reason I watched it all those years ago ! She was Ena Sharples. As soon as she left I stopped watching it. Today you can almost hear the writers saying to each other “ We must have a house fire soon : We must have a car crash soon: We must have a divorce soon : We must have a lesbian relationship soon.We must have a gay partnership soon. And so on ......

What drives me up the wall Trish, is the lies.

Everybody lies through their teeth, and when they tell someone something in confidence, the whole street know within a couple of hours.. still watch it though.