What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Wealth and Fame seem to cause so much tradegy, some will say self inflicted in most cases, Judy Garland springs to mind,  different for  Roy Orbison he had family tradgedy,  all very sad for such very gifted people.

Yes you are right about fame being the cause of so much tragedy.  Some can handle it and other can’t.   Elvis was one of those who couldn’t.  The only person who could save Elvis was Elvis and he just didn’t want to.

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Yes you are right about fame being the cause of so much tragedy.  Some can handle it and other can’t.   Elvis was one of those who couldn’t.  The only person who could save Elvis was Elvis and he just didn’t want to.

Agreed,  everything crumbled around him, the loss of his mom was the biggest blow at the time followed by Prissicilla divorcing him then his enterage  didn't help, I think they took control when they saw him deteriating,  they say Rats are always first to leave a sinking ship.  Imo.  :roll:

Just watching  E.R,  the pilot episode,  in films I've always thought George Clooney is a great actor, my god' he plays a brilliant part in this,  no wonder he has done so well,  for any Ladies reading this post, I know about his looks, but my admiration goes out for his outstanding acting ability.  My favs of all time were Errol Flynn, Spencer Tracie, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis,ect, but this fella is up there with them. IMO. 

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Just watching  E.R,  the pilot episode,  in films I've always thought George Clooney is a great actor, my god' he plays a brilliant part in this,  no wonder he has done so well,  for any Ladies reading this post, I know about his looks, but my admiration goes out for his outstanding acting ability.  My favs of all time were Errol Flynn, Spencer Tracie, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis,ect, but this fella is up there with them. IMO. 

Pattricia has just swooned.

Watching an 80 minute ‘conversation with....’ Sam Jones program on Sky Arts with one of my favourite actresses, Kristen Bell. Filmed in b&w for some bizarre reason. Very insightful and spends a fair bit of time talking the viewer through ‘Veronica Mars’. That was one of the few ‘teen’ programs I used to sit and enjoy with my then-teenage daughter.

I reckon I’ll fast-forward through all the ‘Frozen’ stuff though. I HATE that film.

Edited by wearysmith

16 hours ago, Padders said:

Pattricia has just swooned.

Oooooh! Matron! :blush:

Royal British Legion Festival, Unmissable. 

12 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Royal British Legion Festival, Unmissable. 

Yes I agree with you.  

Service at the Cenotaph in Whitehall.

Thank you to all servicemen/women past and present.

15 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I agree with you.  

I always think what ever bad situataions we have today exempt Pandemmic, are feeble compared  to the lads and lasses who  endured  horrific times and gave their lives for us to live better lives. We must never ever forget.

Edited by PRESLEY

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I always think what ever bad situataions we have today exempt Pandemmic, are feeble compared  to the lads and lasses who  endured  horrific times and gave their lives for us to live better lives. We must never ever forget.

Once more Presley I agree with you.  I  am watching Remembrance Sunday at the moment and I will observe the 2 minute silence.